What's new

Mission: Impossible 8 (2025) (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
So the sequel to "Dead Reckoning Part 1" is just gonna be "Dead Reckoning"?

WTF?

If they don't want the curse of Part 2, why not give it an entirely different title?

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Mission Impossible: Live Reckoning

That way, people will know it’s connected to Dead Reckoning Part 1, yet will spare the studio from having to put Part 2 in the title.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Maybe the new title will have either Dead or Reckoning in it. But ugh, what a mess.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
If they don't want the curse of Part 2, why not give it an entirely different title?
I think that's what the reporting about dropping the latter part of the title means. It is currently being referred to in the trades as "Mission: Impossible 8."

I thought they should go with different titles in the first place. But now that they already released "Dead Reckoning Part One," it is going to be really awkward to follow it up with anything other than "Dead Reckoning Part Two."

Please Buy A Ticket ... Please?
I know you're joking here. But I don't understand why people are acting like Dead Reckoning Part One didn't sell tickets. It made $567 million worldwide. Clearly, a lot of people bought tickets. The problem is that the movie's budget was so extremely high. Clearly, there is still a large audience interested in this series. The budget just needs to be reined in a little in the future.

Because they already shot portions of whatever this movie ends up being called simultaneously with Part One, they don't have to budget this like they're completely starting from scratch. They just need to finish the remainder of the shoot. Also, there were so many stops and starts before with COVID. Mission was one of the first big tentpoles to figure out how to go back to work in the COVID era, which added a lot of cost because of the protocols they needed to keep everyone safe. Although COVID is by no means over, there won't need to be a learning curve about how to deal with it now, and costs related to it will not be as high. They should be able to resume production one more time when the strike ends and then finish it, rather than the stop-start-stop-start-stop-start we heard about with this particular movie during the height of the original COVID strain. Hopefully, it will be a smoother shoot when they get back to it now, and that should keep costs down (relatively speaking, of course.)

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Mission: Impossible: We Reckon This Is the End

I know you're joking here. But I don't understand why people are acting like Dead Reckoning Part One didn't sell tickets. It made $567 million worldwide. Clearly, a lot of people bought tickets. The problem is that the movie's budget was so extremely high. Clearly, there is still a large audience interested in this series. The budget just needs to be reined in a little in the future.

Definitely not a bomb, but even setting aside the budget it was the lowest grossing domestic total in the franchise aside from Part III, was down more than $120 million worldwide from the lowest of the preceding three films, and was following up what was the most popular film in the franchise.

Seems like a disappointing result with all the pre-release promos and hype touting the stunts and such. And based on Barbie and Oppenheimer, we know the audience was willing to turn out in droves if they really wanted to see the film. This summer, they chose a 3-hour low key drama over the action-packed stunt extravaganza.

Last edited:

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I enjoyed Pt1 but it wasn't anything we haven't seen before. The parachute jump off the cliff was hyped up but only because it was Cruise doing it, the stunt was done with more effect by Rick Sylvester in 1976. I hope Pt2 is the last because the films have become repetitive, they have had a good run and Cruise should move on to new projects.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks