What's new

New HT in Sun City, Ca (1 Viewer)

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Well the Hunt for Red October didn't work out. The seller refused any returns in case there were issues with the film.
I've found a IB Technicolor print of MAYERLING (1968). The price is right and it's from a guaranteed seller so I might add this one to my collection.

index.jpg

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Looking over the racks of 35mm prints, I spotted a title we haven't watched in a few years........Funny Girl. It's a roadshow print that looks great in IB Technicolor. I think I'll drag it out and screen it over the weekend.

MV5BNTAxZTA2OTAtYzY1OC00NGZlLWJlZDItOWZhMjU4YTc3YWRmL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc1NTYyMj...jpg

Last edited:

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Is there another member on this Forum who collects and screens 35mm movies or am I the only one???

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Our old home theatre before moving to California.
The last picture is the motor that drives the travel curtain. The old surround speakers were Klipsch in wall speakers.

old 1.jpg
old2.jpg
old3.jpg
old4.jpg

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
We screened our 35mm print of Americano the other night and although it's a good movie the print was really rough. Got a call from a collector in Denver yesterday and he had a nice print of that title so I bought it!! My first print had a lot of splices, lines and 3 of the reels had some water damage at the head of those reels. That should be delivered next week and I'll pitch my old print in the dumpster unless I can find someone who wants it for shipping charges only. You just never know in this hobby. Never hurts to upgrade your collection.

americano.jpg

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor
After moving from Atlanta, Ga to Sun City, Ca our home screening room is 99% complete.
It was built on the same design as our other HT except with much higher ceilings, larger projection booth and new JBL surround speakers.
Projection consist of a Kinoton PK-60D 35mm projector, Epson 5010 digital projector ceiling mounted above the projection port window in the rear, Dolby CP650 digital processor, QSC/Smart power amps with all JBL Pro Cinema speakers. I've added a second JBL 18" sub to this install as well. Blu Ray player is an Oppo BD-103.
The screen is a Harkness Silver 3D version 11' X 5', mini-perf. This type screen is required for polarized 3D film viewing.
We have a concession area as well consisting of a restored 1950 Manley theatre size popcorn machine and a theatre style hot dog steamer.
Simply amazing!!!!!!

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Screen shots at tonight's streaming from HBO............A Perfect Murder. Not as good as the original but a pretty good remake with a few different twists.

IMG-9409.jpg
IMG-9411.jpg

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Will you be able to wait until October 7th to steam Jurassic World Dominion
on Peacock?? I'm gonna try!!

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I stumbled across this thread last night. It immediately piqued my interest but it was late so I told myself I'd peruse just a few pages and pick up again the next day. Two hours later I was still fixated in front of my screen and now "perusing" the final post. Thanks so much for sharing your amazing passion and experiences.

Having moved to Atlanta Georgia from California I always tell people it's a one-way move as no one can usually ever afford to do it the other way.

Congratulations Don!

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Rolled out my favorite William Castle film this afternoon......13 Ghosts,1960. My print is an original B&W with new color footage when you are asked to use the ghost viewer. Look through the red to see the ghosts and the blue lens to make the ghost go away.....corny but fun!!

13-ghosts-1.jpg MainTitle.jpg Illusion0Title.jpg

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
A screen shot from tonight's movie.
The opening title card looked very uneven around all four sides but that was the effect they were using until the movie started after the opening credits.

IMG-9429.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softwinsytems13
Recent bookmarks