What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

NFL 2016-17 Regular Season Discussion (1 Viewer)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
The injury to Garappolo was unfortunate as he was amazing in the portion of the first half he played. I never thought of the kid as being an "Aaron Rodgers" type, as several NFL people have called him, because I had not seen that sort of play from him. Well, he played that way in the first half against the Dolphins. He was flat out fantastic. Not only with a lightning quick release that was frustrating the hell out of the Dolphins front 7 but he was reading the field like he was Tom Brady and looking off players in the secondary like an old pro. I was stunned by his play. About the only thing you could say was he missed some long throws by overthrowing his receivers but I think that was due to pure adrenaline. In the game against the Cardinals it seemed like they were being a little careful with what they let him do but they came out against the Dolphins playing wide open and aggressive. Nothing was held back and he shredded the Dolphins.

Sad to see him go down because while they think he could play week 4 the kid was putting himself in a position to make a lot of money. The play he got hurt on was a broken play where he scrambled out to his right and made a great throw but took a huge shot and paid for it when the defender landed on him with his full weight.

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
So this happened...

Redskins Cheerleaders
by Sam Posten III, on Flickr

Untitled
by Sam Posten III, on Flickr

First time ever invited to a luxury box. I recommend it if you get the chance =)

Very nice, Sam! I have been in a luxury box at Joe Louis Arena (Detroit Red Wings) and The Palace of Auburn Hills (Detroit Pistons), but there were never any cheerleaders there. Actually, the luxury boxes at JLA are not very good -- they are located at the very top of the arena, so you are a long way from the ice. The also serve Little Caesar's pizza in the boxes, since the company's founder (Mike Illitch) also owns the Wings. It's the McDonald's of pizza... and that's not meant to be a compliment. A new arena opens next season with better luxury boxes... but probably not better pizza.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
So, the Chargers have played 6 dominating quarters of football against two teams that I think are playoff contenders so far this season and two horrible ones and a couple bad minutes of overtime on defense as well. They also have lost two key weapons on offense, Keenan Allen and Danny Woodhead. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

The Seahawks through two games look to have absolutely no offense.

The Packers offense did not look good against the Vikings.

I am 0-2 in my upset special picks so far.

Sam Bradford looked better than Aaron Rodgers last night...which was pretty strange.

Not only did the Bills owners not talk to Rex about firing the offensive coordinator but they also called a meeting to talk about it with the players without telling or inviting Rex. This sounds a lot like Rex will be fired before the season is over. I mean they pretty much undermined him completely doing that and that is not good.

I should have taken the Rams to beat the Seahawks for this weeks upset special. Again, that just seemed unlikely with how bad the Rams have looked and they are now 1-1 without scoring a touchdown yet this season. For some strange reason the Rams always play the Seahawks tough...maybe it is the one team Fisher knows how to beat.

If Bill Belichick pulls off a win against the Texans with a short week of preparation and a rookie third string QB and a shuffling offensive line and probably again without Gronkowski...they may as well just name him the greatest coach in the history of coaching anything right then.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Very nice, Sam! I have been in a luxury box at Joe Louis Arena (Detroit Red Wings) and The Palace of Auburn Hills (Detroit Pistons), but there were never any cheerleaders there. Actually, the luxury boxes at JLA are not very good -- they are located at the very top of the arena, so you are a long way from the ice. The also serve Little Caesar's pizza in the boxes, since the company's founder (Mike Illitch) also owns the Wings. It's the McDonald's of pizza... and that's not meant to be a compliment. A new arena opens next season with better luxury boxes... but probably not better pizza.
Hell, I think some of McDonald's food is a step up from Little Caesar's pizza.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Those are some lucky cheerleaders right there!!!

I did sit in a luxury box once, but for the life of me I can't remember what the game was! I think it might've been Yankee Stadium. 99% sure it was a baseball or football game in the Metro NYC area.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I'm less concerned about the QB situ than the apparent total lack of defense. Pats had a 28 point lead and nearly gave it all away in the second half by their complete inability to stop anything. Another few seconds on the clock and the Fins likely win the game.

I question whether Matt Patricia should remain employed.

Hard to say. The Dolphins may be better than they first appeared. Tannehill also seems to have these good games against the Pats sometimes.

It's looking like the Patriots will not sign anybody before Thursday. There's a slight chance that Garoppolo will be ready to play, but I suspect he won't start, either way. It's him or Edelman backing up Bressett.

Funny side note: One of my son's friends was named for Tom Brady. His name is Brady Brissett!!!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
It was definitely a treat. I'm not generally in favor of the whole booth babe mentality but I had to give in to the photo op just this once.

Food was good, no little Caesars here! The dessert was to die for!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I can't complain about the Giants. 2-0 and playing in the weakest division in the NFL. Rooting for Chicago to beat Philadelphia tonight.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I don't know how the Cowboys could ask their rookie QB to play much better. And I think he'll get better every week. BTW, RolandL, I am also hoping Chicago beats the Eagles.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Most of the rookie(ish) QB's have done a fine job through the first two weeks. Some of them look better than some of the "name" starters.

We'll see how NE's "Baby" Brissett (as dubbed by Edelman) does on Thursday. I'm hoping maybe we see a wild-cattish combo of Brissett and Edelman sharing QB duties. :eek:

Last edited:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I don't know how the Cowboys could ask their rookie QB to play much better. And I think he'll get better every week. BTW, RolandL, I am also hoping Chicago beats the Eagles.

Only watched the first half but Chicago looked pretty bad. Missed an easy field goal and could not protect the QB.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Only watched the first half but Chicago looked pretty bad. Missed an easy field goal and could not protect the QB.

I just watched the first half, as well, and came away impressed with Carson Wentz -- it was the first time I've seen him play. He showed poise in the pocket, and had a strong, accurate arm.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan

Wow. These are fantastic. So well done. Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed them (and not just because of the outcome). :)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Nice shots, Sam. Did you need to crop them much?

And I am NOT ashamed to say that I love Little Caesar's deep-dish pepperoni pizza.

You should be. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykayjohnson73
Recent bookmarks