What's new
World Wide Stereo

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
thanks!

what time will this go live? I have 3000 points and I’d love to get something even if it’s just a Star Wars poster.

thanks

The Instagram page said 9am PD Wednesday. I'm not sure I'm going to trust that 100% esp since it's already posted on CAG and Slickdeals so the scalpers, vulture, resellers, and assorted other Universal scum have been alerted assuming they have enough points to spend. The page doesn't mention a 1 per account limit, the number of copies that might be available, but does say it will be discounted through 9/22 OR while supplies last.

I am ASSSUMING this is only a small amt of the items that will be added, but maybe they're going to start slowly

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Major Orchestra Cymbals playing:

Well, it's trying to go live. Intermittently I'm able to get to pages with movies, posters, etc, but so far it either crashes for no reason or as soon as you try to checkout. I haven't heard of anyone actually get an order placed

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Now it says, "Reward redemption is currently under maintenance and will be back shortly. Thank you for your patience."

Most of the Blu-rays are the same as those previously available under the old version of the site.

Also, the new code MULAN is worth 25 free points.

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I was able to order one rewards item on the app.

but I have 2 more that will not go through.

I get the same error at times too.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It's worth noting that the version of Toy Story 2 pictured as a reward is the older release from 2010. If that's what they are sending out, then the disc still includes the Stinky Pete casting couch outtake. When the movie was reissued in 2019 to promote the theatrical release of Toy Story 4, this scene was removed from the new discs and all digital copies due to the Me Too movement. So, if for some reason you don't have Toy Story 2 yet and want to get the unaltered version, it appears you've got a chance to do that as long as that reward remains in stock.

Also, The Little Mermaid and Cinderella are available in their previous Diamond Editions rather than the newer stripped-down Signature Collection editions. So if you're looking for more bonus features than currently available, those are worth considering.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Redemptions appear to be back up now.

Even though I've been saving points for over a year, I only have enough for one of the three Blu-rays I am considering, which means I need to make a choice. These are really overpriced for catalog titles.

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Redemptions appear to be back up now

Even though I've been saving points for over a year, I only have enough for one of the three Blu-rays I am considering, which means I need to make a choice. These are really overpriced for catalog titles.

I picked up 2 movies and a rise of skywalker poster.

Incredibles blu ray and avengers infinity war 4k

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It appears a bit after 6pm ET they got the site mostly fixed. I'd been trying basically since Noon without any luck though apparently a few people had been able to finish an order in the afternoon.

Ended up getting Onward, ROS, and a few other catch-up posters, Pretty much no need for the movies and those Funko's are scary/creepy.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The Disney monthly email with mystery points went out today and it's good for 5 points if you click the link in there.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Disney monthly email with mystery points went out today and it's good for 5 points if you click the link in there.

Or just click the generic link I posted a little earlier in post 5 -- it seems to be the same link every month it appears though it rests and goes live at different parts of teh month then stays active until the last day of the month. That link is quite helpful for those who can't seem to get Disney emails or forget to search the proper email each month

I think DISNEYHITS (20pts) and MULAN (25pts) promo codes might still be active though I think WISHGRANTED is now expired

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The Facebook page posted some additional new rewards that are coming this Wednesday. These include The Lion King and Wreck-It Ralph 4k editions, the poster for Thor The Dark World, a Frozen II concept art lithograph, and what looks like a Finn bobblehead.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The Facebook page posted some additional new rewards that are coming this Wednesday. These include The Lion King and Wreck-It Ralph 4k editions, the poster for Thor The Dark World, a Frozen II concept art lithograph, and what looks like a Finn bobblehead.
Looking to upgrade my DVD of Lion King (finally) to 4K, and maybe Dumbo if still available.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Looking to upgrade my DVD of Lion King (finally) to 4K.

If you are upgrading from the 2003 Platinum Edition, I would recommend keeping that edition as well. The new Signature Collection release is good and does have some new content on it, but it regulates almost all bonus material that appeared on previous editions to the digital copy redemption only. Keeping the Platinum Edition as well will let you keep its content on a disc.

and maybe Dumbo if still available.

It is, so long as you don't mind getting it in DVD packaging. It's still got a Blu-ray in there, but this is one of those releases that they issued in both Blu-ray packaging and DVD packaging to confuse DVD customers into buying a Blu-ray for no reason. It is that version that is pictured. But the content is the same. If the Blu-ray case is important to you, that is still in print, but not listed as a reward.

Dumbo.jpg
It is priced at 1,000 points, but will include a 150 point code inside, which really means your net point value is actually 850.

You might as well just place this order now instead of waiting for The Lion King to go live on Wednesday; there is no way as far as I am aware to combine multiple orders into a single shipment. They're also not charging shipping, so it doesn't matter anyway if they send you two packages.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I don't want to complain about free stuff, but I'm not sure I like this rolling out new rewards every week thing. Because I have a finite amount of points that will get used up in one or two Blu-ray redemptions, I would much rather that they restore the whole catalog of rewards (at least that they are planning for the immediate future) in one fell swoop.

Not that they should never refresh the rewards again, but I don't want to get something that I want, and then a week or two later have something really rare turn up when I don't have enough points to get it.

Oh well. At least they brought the rewards back at all.

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Saw this disclaimer today on Sony Rewards:

4. Redeem your code within ninety (90) days of receipt of the applicable email from Sony Rewards containing the Code link. To complete your Code redemption, you must log into or create a Movies Anywhere account.

I hope they never enforce this, especially since Sony only updates that list every 9-12 months.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
it's just weird what items qualify and which don;t -- 3 of the 4K codes out of the Columbia Box work, 3 don't
Some good news here after getting off the phone with Sony Rewards Support.

Apparently, all six movies were supposed to redeem as part of the Movie Buff Pass program. I was told by the supervisor I spoke with to spread the word to anyone who had this issue to give their customer support line a call at (888) 715-7669 and let them know which moves did not redeem in the rewards program from the Columbia Classics Collection and to have your codes available when you call in. The support center is open M-F 10am-10pm EST and Saturday 10am-8pm EST. If you get an agent who is firm on "that movie was not on the list of eligible movies," then ask for a supervisor. (I'll be posting a copy of this text in my review thread, too.)

I was also told that the list of free movies are supposed to be refreshed every 30-60 days, and told him that it was more like 6 months (at best) but closer to 9-12 months. Again, he suggested I spread the word to have people call in rather than fill out the (worthless) e-mail form online to let them know that their codes for a free movie is past the 90-day mark yet the list is the same it has been for nearly 9 months.

Nick was a really nice guy and very concerned about my experiences with the program, and emphasized that if more people call in to complain (politely) about these shortcomings, the more likely they will get fixed.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I hope they never enforce this, especially since Sony only updates that list every 9-12 months.

I don't know how they handle rewards, but digital copy expiration dates almost never mean anything. I bought a new/sealed bargain bin level Blu-ray last month which originally came out in 2014 and had a listed expiration date for the digital copy in December 2017. I entered the code anyway and it took without incident because of course it did.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The new rewards are up.

The Lion King in 4K is 1,200 points. These sare the same as the regular Pixar Blu-rays uploaded last week, which are also still available.

Despite being the same format, Wreck-It Ralph in 4K is more expensive at 1,500 points.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The new rewards are up.

The Lion King in 4K is 1,200 points. These sare the same as the regular Pixar Blu-rays uploaded last week, which are also still available.

Despite being the same format, Wreck-It Ralph in 4K is more expensive at 1,500 points.
Point values are all over the map. Wreck It Ralph is 1500 for 4K, Lion King is 1200 for 4K, Iron Man 3 is 1400 for BD/DVD/MA, Thor: Dark World is 2000 for BD (and for some reason listed twice), Iron Man single disc BD and 2-disc BD are the same point value of 1100.

No real rhyme or reason to it....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks