What's new

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Somebody posted this from a recent Walmart Restock -- prices don't look that great, but a few DMC packaging or re-release exclusives here as well. That row starting with Peter Pan are almost all DMC versions -- you can see the Diamond/Rectangle MOVIE CLUB designation in the lower left

Lj4wpmk.jpg

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The "Best of Mickey" release is the first time Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 has been released since 2010, so it's a big deal for that to be available in stores now. The others like Peter Pan and Snow White already have other editions currently available in stores. But this would be a new way for non-Movie Club members to pick up Fantasia again. I would definitely pick up that release if I didn't already have the 2010 release.

I grabbed Cinderella on 4k. I didn't expect that one to show up in a DMI list.
The version they are listing is the 4K + Blu + DVD, which was exclusive to the Disney Movie Club. The wide release version, which I have, does not include the DVD. That's why it's there.

Most of the new movies listed today are Disney Movie Club exclusive variant releases. We have these specific editions showing up as rewards and other DMC titles making it to stores for the first time simultaneously. I think it is clear that Disney is attempting to get rid of the DMC variants because the club is shutting down and they obviously don't care about maintaining exclusivity anymore. They're just trying to move any remaining product they can. It's probably really easy to unload unsold DMC discs on the Movie Insiders side of things because that's Disney taking from one pocket and putting it in the other.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Of the three James Cameron films arriving on disc on Tuesday (3/12), only The Abyss qualifies for DMI reward points.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Of the three James Cameron films arriving on disc on Tuesday (3/12), only The Abyss qualifies for DMI reward points.
Disney's policy is not to offer reward points with R-rated titles. The Abyss qualifies because it is PG-13. Aliens and True Lies don't because they are R.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Disney's policy is not to offer reward points with R-rated titles. The Abyss qualifies because it is PG-13. Aliens and True Lies don't because they are R.
And 20th Century titles, even if they are not rated R, are often hit and miss with DMI, which is why I mentioned it.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
NEW DMI REWARDS -- MARCH 13, 2024

SOLD OUT Star Wars: The Bad Batch - The Final Season Poster - HOT REWARD 500

Beauty And The Beast: The Enchanted Christmas Blu-ray™ DVD Combo Pack + Digital Code 1200
Aladdin Signature Collection Blu-ray™ DVD Combo Pack + Digital Code 1350
Herbie Fully Loaded Blu-ray™ 950
Herbie Rides Again 40th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray™ 1000
101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure Blu-ray™ DVD Combo Pack + Digital Code 1050
The Parent Trap Blu-ray™ 900
Marvel Studios' Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Blu-ray™ DVD Combo Pack + Digital Code 1100
The Jungle Book Blu-ray™ DVD Combo Pack + Digital Code 1000

Marvel Studios' Guardians Of The Galaxy 4K Ultra HD™ Blu-ray™ Combo Pack + Digital Code - Canada 1625
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story 4K Ultra HD™ Blu-ray™ Combo Pack + Digital Code - Canada 1650
Maleficent 4K Ultra HD™ Blu-ray™ Combo Pack + Digital Code - Canada 1250
The Jungle Book Blu-ray™ DVD Combo Pack + Digital Code - Canada 1100
Frozen II 4K Ultra HD™ Blu-ray™ Combo Pack + Digital Code - Canada 1650
Hocus Pocus 25th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray™ + Digital Code - Canada 950
Cinderella Walt Disney Signature Collection Blu-ray™ DVD Combo Pack + Digital Code - Canada 1350
Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs WDSC Blu-ray™ DVD Combo Pack + Digital Code - Canada 1350
Ford V Ferrari Blu-ray™ + Digital Code - Canada 1100
Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Blu-ray™ + Digital Code - Canada 1150
Jungle Cruise Blu-ray™ DVD Combo Pack + Digital Code - Canada 1150
Hocus Pocus 25th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray™ + Digital Code - Canada 950

SALE - The Bob's Burgers Movie Member Exclusive Upcycled Belt Bag (Limited Edition) - Non-Character 1850

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The Blu-ray looks quite nice but it is totally barebones. You might want to hang onto the DVD as well, if its extras are important to you.
My DVD also includes the sequel, Parent Trap II, so, yeah, I'll likely try to find a 3-disc Blu-ray case somewhere when it arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks