What's new

Obscure Classic TV Shows - Post Your Favorites! (1 Viewer)

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
Watch Mr. Wizard 1950's
Science. This is where I gained my knowledge of the basics of science. Don Herbert was the real science guy. This show would never play now. They made Don dumb it down in later iterations. Besides, I'm sure they violated every safety rule in the book. :eek:

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
The Nurses premiere episode, Night Shift (September 27, 1962) This Herbert Brodkin/ Reginald Rose NYC filmed sister series to their better known The Defenders. Produced by Plautus at Filmways in Harlem, and I believe, Lennox Hill Hospital. It ran 98 episodes in prime time, also on CBS over three seasons, 1962-1965. In fall 1964, it was (regrettably) retooled as The Doctors and the Nurses, although elevating the excellent Joseph Campanella and Michael Tolan to co-stars, it was a sexist backhand to Shirl Conway and Zina Bethune. Series regular Shirl Conway won a 1963 Emmy for her work on this series. Zina Bethune, her teenage co-star, also proved to be a seasoned actress at only 17!

Complete and from a first generation video transfer from a nearly perfect 16mm film!
Guest starring Joey Heatherton (still a teenager herself), Viveca Lindfors, Arthur Hill, Ruth McDevitt, Kermit Murdock...

Last edited:

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
The Nurses premiere episode, Night Shift (September 27, 1962) This Herbert Brodkin/ Reginald Rose NYC filmed sister series to their better known The Defenders. Produced by Plautus at Filmways in Harlem, and I believe, Lennox Hill Hospital. It ran 98 episodes in prime time over three seasons, 1962-1965. In fall 1964, it was (regrettably) retooled as The Doctors and the Nurses, although elevating the excellent Joseph Campanella and Michael Tolan to co-stars, it was a sexist backhand to Shirl Conway and Zina Bethune. Series regular Shirl Conway won a 1963 Emmy for her work on this series. Zina Bethune, her teenage co-star, also proved to be a seasoned actress at only 17!

Complete and from a first generation video transfer from a nearly perfect 16mm film!
Guest starring Joey Heatherton (still a teenager herself), Viveca Lindfors, Arthur Hill, Ruth McDevitt, Kermit Murdock...

What a coincidence with guest-star Joey Heatherton, and Zina Bethune + excellent picture quality too. Nice find there Randall. You are the man!!

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Where is Run For Your Life created by Roy Huggins and starring Ben Gazzara, from '65 to '68 and in color?

Run for Your Life (1965–1968)

I love this show as you can see and there are 3 episodes posted on YouTube, but they are of such poor quality I will not post them here. To do so would be an injustice to such a wonderful series. 'Nuff said!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petr
Recent bookmarks