What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Obscure Classic TV Shows - Post Your Favorites! (1 Viewer)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Last edited:

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Okay... You want Obscure? How about the short-lived, nighttime syndicated soap opera, Dangerous Women?
It was on briefly in the early 1990s and was never rerun to my knowledge.

Its supposed to be the American version of the popular Australian soap, Prisoner Cell Block H ( it was created by the same producer), but it went off in a totally different direction.

Sure, some of the acting could be bad and over-the-top at times,, but I found it to be campy fun and never a dull moment!
It started off slow, but really began to hit it's stride by the tenth episode.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
My favorite early TV series has to be ZIV's BOSTON BLACKIE series with Kent Taylor. Great location work around Los Angeles in the early fifties. The end of this episode has some cool chase footage on a drawbridge. (HARBOR COMMAND is another must-see for LA location shots).

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
Many people here probably remember The Magician with Bill Bixby. But how many remember the other magician series Blacke's Magic. This 13 week series ran in 1986 with Hal Linen (Barney Miller) and (gosh he was in a lot of stuff) Harry Morgan.
I would love to get this in a nice dvd set.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper

The short-lived spy series Hunter (1976)
starring​
James Franciscus​
Linda Evans​
Ralph Bellamy​

hunter.png

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long

The short-lived spy series Hunter (1976)
starring​
James Franciscus​
Linda Evans​
Ralph Bellamy​

View attachment 103146
John - it seems like so many of the 1970's shorter series are so hard to find. I expect that they are still being protected by the owners which is fine with me - as long as they release them. Instead they just fade away. My favorite Franciscus work was Longstreet.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
My favorite early TV series has to be ZIV's BOSTON BLACKIE series with Kent Taylor. Great location work around Los Angeles in the early fifties. The end of this episode has some cool chase footage on a drawbridge. (HARBOR COMMAND is another must-see for LA location shots).

"Yes sir, that's Boston Blackie and he's quite a guy" :)
Has anyone purchased Boston Blackie: The Television Series Collection? Looks like 16 episodes for $14.99.

Purple Wig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alan
John - it seems like so many of the 1970's shorter series are so hard to find. I expect that they are still being protected by the owners which is fine with me - as long as they release them. Instead they just fade away. My favorite Franciscus work was Longstreet.
I’d like to see Doc Elliot again.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
"Yes sir, that's Boston Blackie and he's quite a guy" :)
Has anyone purchased Boston Blackie: The Television Series Collection? Looks like 16 episodes for $14.99.
It appears that BB TV is in public domain. They are all over archive.org. I have had my copies a long time and don't remember where I got them. The question in buying pd material is always "what is the quality?". If you get them and they are good let us know. I'm always up for an upgrade at a fair price.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
It appears that BB TV is in public domain. They are all over archive.org. I have had my copies a long time and don't remember where I got them. The question in buying pd material is always "what is the quality?". If you get them and they are good let us know. I'm always up for an upgrade at a fair price.
Most of the Amazon Reviews confirm just what you say, unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks