What's new

RIP Roger Corman (2 Viewers)

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
The Secret Invasion (1964) and The St. Valentines Day Massacre (1967) are two of my favorites from Roger Corman.
15160468157_28edd1b24d_o.jpg
xl_62301_cac8a9ee.jpg

Last edited:

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
RIP to an absolute legend!

Word is he gave Conan O’Brien his big break in the film “Sharktopus vs. Pteracuda”

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
So sad to read this. Don't think I would have as much love for Poe if it hadn't been for Saturday afternoons watching a triple feature including a Poe adaptation (The Red Death, The Fall OF The House Of Usher, The Raven, etc,).

Seems like the older I get, tiny pieces of my childhood keep disappearing.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
He was a legend. One of a kind in this crazy industry, and there will never, ever be another like him. Even if you're not a fan of his movies (but come on, who wouldn't be?), you have to bow at the sheer talent that he brought into the business.

He will always be a giant.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I just got done watching "Creature From The Haunted Sea" late Friday night and the week before that, "She Gods Of Shark Reef". Those were a couple of his lesser films, but still quite interesting and enjoyable.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Many of our greatest filmmakers owe a tremendous debt to him. And he did some fabulous work as well. RIP.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I love just listening to him talk. His quiet, syncopated rhythms relax me. Corman's interviews and commentaries were succinct to the point of razor-precision; he always came across as a man wedded to his unconditional love of film and filmmaking. Beneath the gentleness of his voice, one can detect the taskmaster -- the man who could shoot a wonderful film in ten days because he had a firm grasp of every aspect of the process, while maintaining a great (and mutual) respect for his actors and crew.

I own about twenty of his films on Blu-ray and DVD, and return to most of them on a rotation of about a year. I never tire of them, nor of his commentary tracks. Countless actors who have gone on to The Big Time have him to thank for their early career breaks. Anyone who cares for movies beyond the usual domestic fare of violence and infantile comedy has him to thank for his importation of great foreign-language cinema. I wish to thank him for scaring the crap out of me during Saturday matinees of some of his films, and for proving to the world that it does not take millions to produce fine, memorable, and timeless entertainment.

Many thanks, Mr. Corman. You're the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softwinsystems82
Recent bookmarks