What's new

RIP Roger Corman (1 Viewer)

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
So sad to read this. Don't think I would have as much love for Poe if it hadn't been for Saturday afternoons watching a triple feature including a Poe adaptation (The Red Death, The Fall OF The House Of Usher, The Raven, etc,).

Seems like the older I get, tiny pieces of my childhood keep disappearing.
Hey Doug,
the availability of Roger's films and being able to watch them again will keep our childhood memories safe!

Desslar

Screenwriter
Real Name
Stephen
My aunt got started in the movie business working on Corman productions, and soon decided making movies was not for her, although I don't know if that had anything to do with them being Corman productions or just the general craziness of the movie business. She worked in some kind of production assistant capacity on Rock 'N' Roll High School, The Lady in Red, Battle Beyond the Stars, Humanoids from the Deep, and The Georgia Peaches (TV movie).

I can't say I was ever a huge fan of his work, but I do appreciate what he did to build up the B movie genre. Death Race 2000 is fun.

Also interesting to see he was involved in the distribution of some other cool titles like Breaker Morant, Galaxy Express 999, Fire and Ice, The Private Eyes, and Warlords of the Twenty-First Century.

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I loved the campy, low budget productions as a kid watching at the local Drive-Ins in SoCal. Many of them dropped on to my Rabbit eared TV as well on late night movies shown by Horror Host like Seymore and later Elvira...there was always a "toung in cheek" aspect to these films like Not of this Earth, Attack of the Crab Monsters or Killer Sherws and It Conqured the World. Many of these lasting images were created for Corman by master fabricator Paul Blasdall.
Roger Cormen really knew how to tell a fun story, using his gut instinct in working the system and sell the ideas for "the next Big Thing", creating new genres for the burgening Drive-In market.

He was the perfect man in the perfect time and place. He gave so many people the opportunity to fly and experiment and get better at the things they love.
These weren't gone with the wind, and never professed to be so, Just fun popcorn movies that made money and came in under budget!!

Attachments

• imag050.jpg
    imag050.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 18
  • imag026.jpg
    imag026.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 17
  • imag027.jpg
    imag027.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 18
  • imag030.jpg
    imag030.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
totoattack
Recent bookmarks