What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (2 Viewers)

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Sulu and his first officer (I think it was first officer) on the Excelsior reprised their roles in an episode of Voyager entitled "Flashback".
James Cromwell reprised his role as Zefrem Cochrane in "Star Trek: First Contact" on the first episode of "Enterprise."

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Marc Alaimo (Dukat) and Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher) were both in The Last Starfighter. Incidentally, in non-Star Trek-related news, "The Last Starfighter" was directed was Nick Castle who played "The Shape" in the original "Halloween." Halloween 2 featured a small role by Lance Guest.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Paul Padilla said:
I didn't remember Gul Dukat...crud! That qualifies as two :emoji_thumbsup: , but there is one more.
How about Meg Wylie? She was one of the Talosians (The Cage and The Menagerie).

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
I was a much older teenager, if not an adult, before I realized that The Keeper was played by a woman. And the way I found out was by watching an old episode of Perry Mason. There was just something so darn familiar about this old lady on the show and then I realized.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Mike Williams said:
I was a much older teenager, if not an adult, before I realized that The Keeper was played by a woman. And the way I found out was by watching an old episode of Perry Mason. There was just something so darn familiar about this old lady on the show and then I realized.
I know the episode of Perry Mason.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Okay, here is a neat question. Name one actor in TOS who 'died' three times (in three different roles). I'm guessing someone will come up with someone other than whom I'm thinking of, which is fine. Good luck!

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Ockeghem said:
who 'died' three times (in three different roles). I'm guessing someone will come up with someone other than whom I'm thinking of, which is fine. Good luck!
Mark Leonard Died in Balance of Terror, ST:TMP, and an episode of TNG.
Cant forget the security guard named Johnson. He died more times than i can count!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
RickER said:
Mark Leonard Died in Balance of Terror, ST:TMP, and an episode of TNG.
Cant forget the security guard named Johnson. He died more times than i can count!
RickER,
My bad. I wanted an actor from TOS who died three times in TOS (not in films or other Trek series).
I guess I should have written:
Name one TOS actor who 'died' three times (in three different roles) in TOS. Sorry for being unclear. Since I was unclear, you may either take a stab at the rewritten question or pick one of your own choosing. :emoji_thumbsup:

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
I might be working on a technicality here, but...
John Lormer-
-Killed by the Oracle in "For the World is Hollow and I Touched the Sky"
-Killed by a lawgiver in "Return of the Archons"
-(now for the technicality) Appeared on Talos IV to Cpt. Pike and crew in "The Cage" and "The Menagerie" , but was actually already dead.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Paul Padilla said:
John Lormer-
-(now for the technicality) Appeared on Talos IV to Cpt. Pike and crew in "The Cage" and "The Menagerie" , but was actually already dead.
Ohhh, thats a good one. Never would of thought of him!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I had to ponder this one, I think it might be William Shatner. But I realize the question asks for 3 characters, so my take may be wrong.
Kirk "died" twice; 1. Amok Time when McCoy gave him the triox compound; 2. The Enterprise Incident, Spock gave the faux acting Kirk the Vulcan Death Grip; 3. And then Operation: Annihilate! Samual Kirk dies, played by Shatner.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Paul Padilla said:
John Lormer-
Paul,
Bravo!!!!!! That's the one I was thinking of (technicality and all). And yes, I had thought of the 'survivors' on Talos IV--but I figured that one was fair game.
You're up next.
Nelson,
Your answer is quite good as well, esp. if we're counting technicalities (in this case, Sam Kirk). Nice guess.
That being said, can you imagine if there is another one out there that we haven't yet thought of? There might just be another, although I don't know of one at the moment.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I know David L Ross died many times as a security guard. I can think of The Omega Glory and Day of the Dove off the top of my head. Eddie Paskey, he died a whole bunch of times as well, as in Obsession, for one.

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
:) Whew!
Next.
We all know about Mr. Shatner's famous spoken word albums, but which actor appearing in TOS had a number one hit in the US and UK?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks