What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Scream 7 (1 Viewer)

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Does the sixth film set up a sequel or is it conclusive? (I don't do horror so I don't care about spoilers in this case.) If the latter, it might be better at this point to leave it alone. Of course, they probably won't because it is recognizable IP.
The sixth film definitely wasn't written to be the last.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Does the sixth film set up a sequel or is it conclusive? (I don't do horror so I don't care about spoilers in this case.) If the latter, it might be better at this point to leave it alone. Of course, they probably won't because it is recognizable IP.
Scream VI has an ending to the story of that movie but like all franchises today, they were talking about a trilogy with the new characters so there's not a true ending for the characters or a big wrap-up for their story. Beyond the new characters, the remaining characters from the original movies have zero ending (Neve Campbell didn't come back for VI and Courteney Cox is left wounded but expected to survive).

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm very happy that Neve Campbell and Kevin Williamson are back.
That is an easy way to fix the problem following the departures of Ferrera and Ortega. I assume the producers basically had to pay Campbell without them coming back because the fans will be excited for this again now. Is it weird that Williamson is directing someone else's script rather than also writing it?

Scream is not for me -- I don't do horror because of my startle reflex issue with jump scares -- but an old friend of mine absolutely loved Scream and would tell me about it. So I'm peripherally aware of it by association and I hope it continues to be good for its fans.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If he's directing, he'll be able to put his stamp on every scene if he wants, even if he's not writing it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
No need for Neve Campbell to cause this movie more public issues but I think everyone knows that an actor being fired and another dropping out was the reason they stepped up to pay her what she deserves.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
No need for Neve Campbell to cause this movie more public issues but I think everyone knows that an actor being fired and another dropping out was the reason they stepped up to pay her what she deserves.
That 100 percent, but she also proved with the last one that she was willing to walk if they low-balled her.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clow85
Recent bookmarks