What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order Team America World Police (2004) (4k UHD Combo) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
61RovyLCOwL.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

https://www.amazon.com/Team-America...693529011&rnid=2693522011&s=movies-tv&sr=1-56

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
After skipping the recent Blu-ray offerings, I am all in for this. Reasonably priced, too!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I'm the opposite. I bought the Shout release so I doubt I'll get this. Especially since I think this is only the R-rated/censored version.

There are no specs listed for this release as of yet. That was my concern as well, but until the specs are announced, I am going to hope both versions are included here. If not, it will be a sale lost.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Since, unlike a lot of recent Paramount 4k releases, this one includes a Blu-Ray, perhaps the Blu-Ray will include the unrated version?

I just recently got the Shout! edition, so I'll also be skipping this one.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71+TIEoOvfL.jpg

Okay, clarified. The Blu-ray has the uncut version

Can't say I am happy about what Paramount did here. Would it have killed them to provide both cuts in 4k?!

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
I only have the older Paramount Blu-ray, which suffered from DNR issues. Did the Shout! Factory Blu-ray improve upon that?

Even if it did, I'm a little wary about the 4K release reverting back to Paramount, which has an uneven track record (to put it lightly).

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I only have the older Paramount Blu-ray, which suffered from DNR issues. Did the Shout! Factory Blu-ray improve upon that?

Even if it did, I'm a little wary about the 4K release reverting back to Paramount, which has an uneven track record (to put it lightly).
I think what you're saying is WE NEED A MONTAGE of the best parts of 4K before you buy it ;) ...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
That's true. I just thought they might stand out even more in 4K.

It probably will but in line with the improved resolution of the rest of the film.

I am almost considering not purchasing this film until it drops to around $10. I feel Paramount did a huge injustice not including the unrated content in 4k via branching. I can't comprehend why the studio put a half-ass effort into this instead of putting out an edition that would satisfy collectors -- especially those who already own the unrated Blu-ray from SHOUT and would have spent the money to upgrade if this were done right.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
It probably will but in line with the improved resolution of the rest of the film.

I am almost considering not purchasing this film until it drops to around $10. I feel Paramount did a huge injustice not including the unrated content in 4k via branching. I can't comprehend why the studio put a half-ass effort into this instead of putting out an edition that would satisfy collectors -- especially those who already own the unrated Blu-ray from SHOUT and would have spent the money to upgrade if this were done right.
I suspect the Tiffany Network would not like to b associated with scat ;) 💩

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
They're already including it on the blu-ray, so they're already associated. :emoji_poop:

Sounds like they just don't want to spend the extra money on another master or branching.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I remember the Doctor Sleep UHD doing this as well. Theatrical only on UHD, director’s cut on blu ray only (however I do believe the digital code allowed viewing of the Director’s cut in 4K, but I remember being frustrated when I found out the 4K disc was theatrical only)

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber

Personally, it's not a deal-breaker for me. The only significant change in the unrated cut is the extra-graphic sex scene with puppets peeing and pooping on each other, which I feel goes too far over the line and isn't funny at all. It's just gross and off-putting. I prefer the theatrical cut anyway.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I remember the Doctor Sleep UHD doing this as well. Theatrical only on UHD, director’s cut on blu ray only (however I do believe the digital code allowed viewing of the Director’s cut in 4K, but I remember being frustrated when I found out the 4K disc was theatrical only)
Just checked my iPhone and can confirm the Director's Cut of Doctor Sleep is in 4K Dolby Vision on Apple TV/iTunes.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Personally, it's not a deal-breaker for me. The only significant change in the unrated cut is the extra-graphic sex scene with puppets peeing and pooping on each other, which I feel goes too far over the line and isn't funny at all. It's just gross and off-putting. I prefer the theatrical cut anyway.
Some of the extended sex scene is pretty funny, but I'm not sure that it's a major loss.

I think the projectile vomiting scene also runs longer - which isn't much of a bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shronkey234
Recent bookmarks