What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The I-Land (Netflix) (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I started watching this limited series on Netflix this afternoon. It's got a great assortment of people all stranded on an island with their memories gone and only intriguing "finds" on the island to keep them going. Obviously, some kind of experiment is going on, but I have certainly gotten drawn into the mystery (and a murder happens at the end of the second episode, so we have that mystery to play with as well).

Usually, I don't watch but one episode a day (there are seven of them for this series), but a friend and I agreed to watch this to be able to talk about it at lunch next Thursday, and I didn't get around to watching yesterday at all.

Last edited:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Is this a limited series? One season? Or are they going to be on that island for a while?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have no idea. The site describes it as a limited series, so I'm guessing the mysteries will be solved by the end. But I could easily be wrong.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I watched the first couple of episodes. Reminded me of the summer burnoff science fiction programming the broadcast networks used to air like "Persons Unknown" and "Wayward Pines".

Interesting hook, but mediocre acting and writing so far.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
TV Guide gave it a horrendous review. If I had read that a couple of days ago, I might not have ever started the series, but with only five episodes left, I can stick it out.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
This show is so bad me and my wife can’t stop watching. This is one of the worst written and acted Netflix originals I have seen. It feels like a bad student project where the student filmmakers thought they had such a clever idea but no story to go with the idea.

The characters just make stupid decisions after stupid decisions. Cheesy cheesy dialogue, just wait until you meet the Texan character, I think in episode 3 or 4. Every Texas caricature wrapped up in one person. It’s got some odd technical issues as well, like the sun changing directions back and forth between scenes.

It’s so bad, it’s fun. Me and my wife couldn’t stop laughing, one of the funniest shows we’ve seen in a while.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched episode 3 tonight (with the Texas character), and it will certainly keep me watching for the remainder of the series.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
This show is so bad me and my wife can’t stop watching. This is one of the worst written and acted Netflix originals I have seen. It feels like a bad student project where the student filmmakers thought they had such a clever idea but no story to go with the idea.

The characters just make stupid decisions after stupid decisions. Cheesy cheesy dialogue, just wait until you meet the Texan character, I think in episode 3 or 4. Every Texas caricature wrapped up in one person. It’s got some odd technical issues as well, like the sun changing directions back and forth between scenes.

It’s so bad, it’s fun. Me and my wife couldn’t stop laughing, one of the funniest shows we’ve seen in a while.
Agreed, but in our case, my wife and I stopped 10 minutes in. I just couldn't see wasting anymore of the time I have left on this planet on this POS.

Dale124

Auditioning
Real Name
Dale C.
Agreed, but in our case, my wife and I stopped 10 minutes in. I just couldn't see wasting anymore of the time I have left on this planet on this POS.

That was our exact experience as well. The trailer looked good, but 10 minutes in, it was clear that this is horrible. Bad acting and writing.
Life is too short to watch crap like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks