What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The two seasons of The Invaders included some serious drama amid its sci-fi trappings for fans of the genre, and it emerges as one of the more entertaining alien invasion series.

The Invaders (1967–1968)

Released: 10 Jan 1967
Rated: N/A
Runtime: 51 min

Director: N/A
Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi, Thriller

Cast: Roy Thinnes
Writer(s): Larry Cohen

Plot: David Vincent, an architect returning home after a hard, hard, day parks his car in an old ghost town in order to rest for a while before continuing on home. Suddenly, in the middle of the ...

IMDB rating: 8.1
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: Paramount
Distributed By: CBS
Video Resolution: 480I/MPEG-2

Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

johnnybear

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
The UK season one and two sets were without any features at all so The Believers set is like a breath of fresh air!
JB

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I've never seen this 60s ABC sci-fi series before, so I think I might get it from Amazon sometime in the future!

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
It's worth a look. The first season in particular is gripping and actually really scary at times. They backed away from that in the second year and it was more of an action SF series. Still a lot of fun. It tried too hard to stick with The Fugitive format, to the point where they said, every week, "Roy Thinnes as architect David Vincent." This always made me laugh because, unlike Richard Kimble, whose standing as a doctor factored into many storylines and even the premise, David Vincent's ability to design houses didn't matter in the slightest. I think it was mentioned once or twice in the stories themselves after the pilot episode.

johnnybear

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
There were a couple of episodes where he was still in his office architecting as it were when he either found a clue to another alien plot or was summoned by whoever!
Does anyone know what order the various channels screened the series in the seventies as I've heard that an ITV station showed them in a random order or the like?
JB

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
AIring shows in order is preferable, obviously, but it wouldn't matter too much in what order the episodes were shown.
You'd still know what was going on.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
AIring shows in order is preferable, obviously, but it wouldn't matter too much in what order the episodes were shown.
You'd still know what was going on.

For this series, there are really only a few episodes that need to be seen in any sort of order:

"Beach Head", obviously, should be seen first
"The Believers" should be seen before any other episode featuring Scoville
"Summit Meeting, part one" should be seen before part two

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
There were a couple of episodes where he was still in his office architecting as it were when he either found a clue to another alien plot or was summoned by whoever!
JB

Johnnybear from the Trek BBS! Woo hoo!

Yeah, they showed him working once in a while, I guess to justify his having money to tool around the country in his suits hunting aliens. But to mention it in the opening like it's actually important to his character is what makes me laugh. He could have been a barber, honestly...

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Johnnybear from the Trek BBS! Woo hoo!

Yeah, they showed him working once in a while, I guess to justify his having money to tool around the country in his suits hunting aliens. But to mention it in the opening like it's actually important to his character is what makes me laugh. He could have been a barber, honestly...

Would have been easier to find work as an itinerant barber than an itinerant architect. Of course, I guess he could've done his architect work somewhat over the phone/through the mail, but given that he was on the aliens' radar, surely it would've been risky to keep going back home, as I'm sure they'd have had his home bugged/under watch. Probably best not to think about these things if one wants to suspend disbelief!

johnnybear

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Has anyone in the UK had any problems with The Believers set? I bought the first season back in 2007 and was told about the recurring subtitles coming on in four episodes! The Leeches, Nightmare, doomsday minus One and one other on the third disc! Well I know they fixed the glitch on The Leeches but it still turns up on nightmare and I'm not sure about the other two at present!
JB

Wayne Klein

Supporting Actor
Any indie labels have a Paramount relationship like Mill Creek with Sony? The HD masters exist and it would be cool to see this show come to Blu-ray.

Sadsack

Second Unit
Real Name
David
What's the dvd packaging like? The original releases had separate trays so dvds wouldn't get scratched.

Sadsack

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Looking for an informed response, not a guess. If I had to guess, I'd predict the discs overlap or are stacked, so in that situation, I'd get the separate releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yashavi46
Recent bookmarks