What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare (2024)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare

Genre: Action, History, War

Director: Guy Ritchie

Cast: Henry Cavill, Eiza González

Plot: In 1940, Winston Churchill and Ian Fleming form a clandestine combat organization for Britain's military that changes the course of World War II and preludes the modern black ops unit through its unconventional and entirely ‘ungentlemanly’ fighting techniques against the Nazis.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Sounds a bit like SAS: Rogue Heroes, another story of ungentlemanly tactics in WW2.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
To be honest I had no interest in this at all. But, after watching the trailer I am hooked. Totally not what I was expecting.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I just ran into the trailer for this and really liked it. I'll take a men on a mission WWII movie any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
GHXGvBgWYAAinsG

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare" was mostly devoid of characterization, so you rarely care about any of them in the movie. Last act was mostly murky outside footage.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
My friend and I enjoyed it! Excellent sound and picture in the Cinemark XD theater we saw it in. Although based on a real story, much of this movie is "cartoony," and lots of bad guys die very quickly without even fighting back. I would have preferred a more reality-based approach, but still was entertained. The score by Christopher Benstead is lively and a lot of fun, with some influence from Ennio Morricone. I felt like there was a dash of Raiders of the Lost Ark in this movie, as well a little Hell and High Water (1954). My rating: B

Last edited:
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks