What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare (2024) (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Paramount started development on this film, but when filming began they announced that Lionsgate had bought the rights to distribution in the U.S., and Amazon Prime had bought most of the international rights. Amazon also bought the international rights to Ritchie's prior two films. So in most of the world, they're probably on Prime.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
"The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare" was mostly devoid of characterization, so you rarely care about any of them in the movie. Last act was mostly murky outside footage.
I disagree about rarely caring about any of the characters. I really enjoyed this movie and will definitely purchase the 4K/UHD.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My friend and I enjoyed it! Excellent sound and picture in the Cinemark XD theater we saw it in. Although based on a real story, much of this movie is "cartoony," and lots of bad guys die very quickly without even fighting back. I would have preferred a more reality-based approach, but still was entertained. The score by Christopher Benstead is lively and a lot of fun, with some influence from Ennio Morricone. I felt like there was a dash of Raiders of the Lost Ark in this movie, as well a little Hell and High Water (1954). My rating: B

On a rare occasion my brother actually watched this movie before me and highly recommended it. Therefore, I took my lazy ass to my local cinema and thoroughly enjoyed this action film.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
This thing definitely had me thinking Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds for the first ~1/2 hour or so down to the spaghetti-western-influenced music score at least thru that 1st act or so... but never really measures up nor comes remotely close me thinks despite seeming to aspire to that to some extent...

I wouldn't say I didn't care about the characters, but much of it did feel to fall short of what it coulda been me thinks... Just seemed to maybe play it too safe or something...

_Man_

tvwesternslover

Auditioning
Real Name
Fred Abbott
I have just discovered that this great action-comedy is not being shown in theatres in the UK, Australia, and Canada by friends because Amazon has blocked it from being displayed on the large screen in these countries and others. This action film was meant for the big screen.
Here's a prime reason why, I and all the friends I know will not subscribe to streaming services. We buy physical media that we can watch anytime we want to without any overload telling us we can't watch that now or at a friend's house. Streaming services should be banned and rejected for their controlling lying ways. I have friends who purchased the rights to watch on-demand tons of films, now 90% of them they can't watch because the streaming companies say they no longer have them available or the rights to them. When they purchased those rights they were well told, that they would always be available to you on demand and the films would not expire. So much for Companies like Amazon, and other streaming services. These companies are out of control and stealing money from people for things they can't offer. Band them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks