What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order The Odd Couple: The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I picked up a copy for $39 (~$42 after tax - there was a 20% off coupon when I made my purchase). Even with the edits it's hard to pass up this series on BR at that price...

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Here are some screen caps. It should be obvious which is from the DVD and the blu ray. :)

There’s a definite uptick in resolution and detail is much better rendered.
The Odd Couple 480.png
The Odd Couple 1080.png
The Fight of the Felix 480.png The Fight of the Felix 1080.png

Pismo

Auditioning
Real Name
Tony
I'm buying a new TV so I went ahead and ordered the blu ray set to replace the older dvds. Fingers crossed that I made the right decision despite the edits.

Pismo

Auditioning
Real Name
Tony
Just played "Gloria Moves In" and the picture quality is absolutely stunning. So worth the discounted price of the box set. Looks especially amazing on an LG Oled TV.

Regarding the music edits, the scene where they're all playing poker and sing "One For My Baby" is awkwardly cut. While I expected this, I could swear that they still play this scene on Catchy Comedy. I could be wrong but I thought it was also on the original DVD release. I'm probably remembering that part wrong, though.

Overall an amazing bargain despite the edits. (I also have older bootleg DVDs with the music scenes intact)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I don't care if the picture is better. For me it's a total waste of money if the edits are not restored especially since so many edits were things they didn't even HAVE to do but were part of the same uber-panicky mindset that also led to the infamous "Fugitive" debacle.

Robert Saccone

Premium
Ron posted a fantastic price drop on this set. Can anyone confirm that it includes the few extras from the dvd and if the edits are the same? I think the dvd set had a couple of episodes with commentary on them but not much else.

84lion

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alan McKown
This set is now at $38.99 at Amazon. It is listed as a "frequently-returned item." ;)

In the Amazon reviews, a guy lists 35 separate instances of edits. The vast majority involve music in one way or another.

It's rather amazing to me how directors/creators seem to be utterly silent when it comes to full-scale butchering like this. Of course, Garry Marshall, Tony Randall, and Jack Klugman are no longer with us (RIP), so they're not going to complain. I have to admit that if this set manages to go to $30, I might give it a go myself - edits and all.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Ron posted a fantastic price drop on this set. Can anyone confirm that it includes the few extras from the dvd and if the edits are the same? I think the dvd set had a couple of episodes with commentary on them but not much else.
I’ve been making MKV files from the first season. When I compared the extras to the original DVD release, the extras are all there. Plus there are episode intros from Gerry Marshall too, but I have not done an exact comparison if all the intros are there. Plus the first episode has the audio commentaries.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Howie, thats a great deal. I could have saved $9.00, but that’s ok. I don’t mind and even at $43, it was a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks