What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The One...The Only...JAWS (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

In the past couple years I've seen at least three Jaws rip offs from the 70's, and early 80's that killed live sharks (one film at least 3) on film for that "real" effect. It disgusted me. I'll never watch them again, and I sold my disc.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Arguably the best, and most irritating character introduction in any film. I have to mute my receiver every time.
6121C700-2AEB-428B-A0FB-15F1D2488C31.jpeg

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I just attended a very well attended (75%) 4k screening of Jaws. The film as always was great and the presentation was top notch. Lots of laughter at all of the jokes. Next week is Ghostbusters and the week after is Top Gun.
Where was this?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
yes. That is one of the best jump scares in the history of cinema.

Almost fifty years old and it still works. :)
And it still works after multiple viewings, too. When I went to see the 3D version last year, I still jumped even though I've seen the film many times and knew it was coming.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
FYI for anyone that owns JAWS on iTunes, they have added all the extras from the physical disc. Nice surprise and quite convenient as I always had to pull out the disc to watch those extras. The two full length documentaries are great.

jbirdp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay Pascucci
Like many of you, I first saw this during its first run and like Alien and Halloween, had the great experience of seeing it in a packed house and collectively jumping out of our skins several times throughout the showing. That’s something a home theater will never be able to produce.

Robert Saccone

Premium
FYI for anyone that owns JAWS on iTunes, they have added all the extras from the physical disc. Nice surprise and quite convenient as I always had to pull out the disc to watch those extras. The two full length documentaries are great.
I wish we could get the full version of the “The Shark is Still Working”. My understanding is that Universal put an abridged version out on the discs.

Robert Saccone

Premium
I didn't realize that Jaws cinematographer Bill Butler passed away last year on April 5, 2023, two days before his 102nd birthday. His contribution to Jaws cannot be overstated IMHO.

After the ASC honored him with the award, Spielberg wrote a letter to Butler acknowledging his award which indicated the director's mutual respect for Butler and his work behind the camera. "You were the calm before, during and after every storm on the set of Jaws," Spielberg wrote in the letter. "Without your zen-like confidence and wonderful sense of humor, I would have gone the way of the rest of the Jaws crew — totally out of my friggin' mind. Congratulations on this well-deserved career achievement award from your peers. All my best, Steven."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks