What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Netflix The Witcher: Blood Origin (1 Viewer)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
MV5BYTYxZjhlZjQtYTlmYi00OWM0LWI4YzgtNjAxZmJkNjM1MTQzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyMjM2NDc2._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

More than a thousand years before the world of The Witcher, seven outcasts in the elven world unite in a blood quest against an unstoppable power.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I didn't watch the parent series, and have no interest in doing so. It just doesn't look like my kind of thing.

But this one has Michelle Yeoh, so I'm in. That it's only four episodes makes it easier to commit.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Watched this last night and finished it off this morning.

Some good fight choreography, really funny songs in it (especially those over the end credits), and a really interesting tag scene that ties back to the start of the Witcher series.

Unfortunately for me, bits of it felt very rushed (likely a result of going 6 episodes to 4), but the mythology bits were decent overall and the overall story was pretty good.

In short -- if you're a fan of the TV series, give it a go. If you're not much of a fan, you're likely not going to find much in this show overall.

PS Lenny Henry and Dylan Moran are both really good in their scenery chewing roles.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I didn't watch the parent series, and have no interest in doing so. It just doesn't look like my kind of thing.

But this one has Michelle Yeoh, so I'm in. That it's only four episodes makes it easier to commit.

I watched this last night. A rather generic fantasy story with largely unmemorable characters. Yeoh is always a treat, but I didn't think there was enough of her in it to make it worthwhile. On the other hand, I really did like the character of Meldof (the dwarf) -- she was a stitch, and the actor was excellent.

Ah, well.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
I forgot about this until reading this thread last week. We watched it Saturday, and again Sunday.

I liked it a lot. Its a nice mini-series that introduced some characters on a quest which filled in some backstory about the world. A fun romp where you don't really need to be invested in the characters.

I loved the dwarf character, Meldof. I need to watch again, I didn't pick up on Uthok being Dylan Moran, but I wasn't looking for him.

Right after we put on the S1 episode about the Dragon Hunt, to watch that party of dwarves.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks