What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Vudu Vudu may be removing some 4K and HDX content (1 Viewer)

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
When I last looked Vudu has not updated The Maltese Falcon 4K UHD despite my complaints however, they did refund me. Many issues with it on my LG B8, some I was able to correct thru TV settings changes, others appear baked in.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
When I last looked Vudu has not updated The Maltese Falcon 4K UHD despite my complaints however, they did refund me. Many issues with it on my LG B8, some I was able to correct thru TV settings changes, others appear baked in.
On Vudu, The Maltese Falcon plays in 4K/Dolby Vision.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
On Vudu, The Maltese Falcon plays in 4K/Dolby Vision.
My LG B8 has DV & I'm using the Cinema Home User setting. I don't see any other weird TV settings. Do you have any ideas about what could be causing sudden shifts in brightness mid scene?
I have NOT had this problem with several other 4K movies rented from Vudu.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I wish iTunes would make it easier to find films other than alphabetical . VUDU and MA one can put their library in chronological order. A way to see all 4K films in library.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My LG B8 has DV & I'm using the Cinema Home User setting. I don't see any other weird TV settings. Do you have any ideas about what could be causing sudden shifts in brightness mid scene?
I have NOT had this problem with several other 4K movies rented from Vudu.
I thought you were saying that The Maltese Falcon on Vudu was not playing back in 4K/Dolby Vision. What you're talking about is another issue that is not germane to this particular Vudu thread. Therefore, I won't respond any further.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I wish iTunes would make it easier to find films other than alphabetical . VUDU and MA one can put their library in chronological order. A way to see all 4K films in library.
This is another subject matter not germane to this particular thread that is addressing some titles being downgraded on Vudu.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I thought you were saying that The Maltese Falcon on Vudu was not playing back in 4K/Dolby Vision. What you're talking about is another issue that is not germane to this particular Vudu thread. Therefore, I won't respond any further.
OK, if you'd had any ideas I'm sure you'd impart them? I've posted this problem several times & nobody has responded. There is something uniquely odd about this 4K, luckily I have the 2K to fall back on. Cheers!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
OK, if you'd had any ideas I'm sure you'd impart them? I've posted this problem several times & nobody has responded. There is something uniquely odd about this 4K, luckily I have the 2K to fall back on. Cheers!
That's not a fair comment! People responded to your issue in this thread. We were unable to come a solution with your specific problem.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
You guys can continue to feel smug up until the day the first studio cuts ties to disks with much fanfare
At least the ones we’ve purchased will still be playable. And yes, some discs have rotted but that’s from faulty manufacturing, not like someone deliberately made them that way. Nobody can hit a button and make any discs rot on command.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Guess what? Espousing the value of disc ownership in a thread specifically about digital ownership at a specific digital retailer, a thread where members are sharing their experiences and trying to help each other resolve what appears to be a glitch at said retailer, is just taking the conversation off topic and could very reasonably be interpreted as trolling. No one is telling you not to prefer discs, but this is neither the time nor the place to talk about them.

Last edited:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
You can see all your HDR movies in iTunes. That will get you almost all your 4k films

1692627665721.png

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sam,

That appears to be through the AppleTV app. If so, many of us can't access our iTunes digital library via the AppleTV app on our Apple TV 4K units. I can only access those files using my mobile devices (iPhone & iPad) through the AppleTV app. It's been that way for more than a couple of years despite me upgrading to newer ATV4K units. I have never found a solution to that dilemma.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Sadly that is not what mine looks like. It shows Family Sharing And my Library which only the clips from films that I used when I VJ’d.
I have no access to my purchased content in the library, but my friends and family does.
I’ve called Apple many times about that as well as on my actual AppleTV device.

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yeah, the AppleTV app is definitely (substantially) flawed and flakey w/ issues/quirks that don't seem to uniformly affect everyone... on top of Apple not always being that good about providing (enough) good, useful (or at time, self-explanatory enough) options (or workarounds) in their "walled garden"...

That app is definitely not a highlight for Apple... and it's doubly bad that they're pushing us toward the retirement of the iTunes app(s) before the AppleTV app seems truly ready to completely replace that part of iTunes...

_Man_

Todd_Z

Agent
Real Name
Todd Zaganiacz
VUDU for the most part has worked well, my biggest disappointment is purchasing a title and then finding out the print they have is a modified version NOT in the correct aspect ratio. As everyone knows already, getting them to correct it., well you might have a better chance of winning the lottery. However I've noticed on some titles that are wrong on VUDU they are correct on Movies Anywhere. (examples - History Of The World Part I, Jeremiah Johnson) VUDU has a modified 1:78/1:85 print yet Movies Anywhere has the full 2:35:1 print. So if VUDU Customer Support tries to say they can't do anything about it, well i take it as a line of BS since the correct digital prints exist on Movies Anywhere.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
VUDU for the most part has worked well, my biggest disappointment is purchasing a title and then finding out the print they have is a modified version NOT in the correct aspect ratio. As everyone knows already, getting them to correct it., well you might have a better chance of winning the lottery. However I've noticed on some titles that are wrong on VUDU they are correct on Movies Anywhere. (examples - History Of The World Part I, Jeremiah Johnson) VUDU has a modified 1:78/1:85 print yet Movies Anywhere has the full 2:35:1 print. So if VUDU Customer Support tries to say they can't do anything about it, well i take it as a line of BS since the correct digital prints exist on Movies Anywhere.
Unfortunately, in my experience, most studios and retailers refuse to work together to fix these aspect ratio issues. They would rather blame each other than make their customers happy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks