What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Warner Archive Announcements Thread (24 Viewers)

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Still hoping for "Please Don't Eat The Daisies" or "Lucky Me" with Doris Day!
More Elvis! And "Forever, Darling" with Lucy and Desi ("The Long Long Trailer" on BR is perfection!)
While we're at it... some 80s classics would be great! It's been a while since they have released any 80s comedies... "Cookie", "Burglar", "The Late Show", "Who's That Girl?" (even though we have the Spain edition. I would definitely double-dip if it's a new master.)
Could also do with a BR release of Jerry Lewis' "Cracking Up"!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
Still hoping for "Please Don't Eat The Daisies" or "Lucky Me" with Doris Day!
More Elvis! And "Forever, Darling" with Lucy and Desi ("The Long Long Trailer" on BR is perfection!)
While we're at it... some 80s classics would be great! It's been a while since they have released any 80s comedies... "Cookie", "Burglar", "The Late Show", "Who's That Girl?" (even though we have the Spain edition. I would definitely double-dip if it's a new master.)
Could also do with a BR release of Jerry Lewis' "Cracking Up"!
The Late Show is a fine film and deserves an upgrade. It was one of the best reviewed films of 1977.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Let's hope this is the week ! Possible titles could be The Man I Love ( rumored from the Podcast with George), The Narrow Margin ( highly requested) A Woman's Face ( I believe I read about it having a new HD master). Anyway I am keeping the expectations low and maybe some of us will be in for a great month of classics. They tend to announce titles that I haven't seen before, wind up watching them and adding them to my collection. I would love a Blu-ray counterpart with Forbidden Hollywood Volume 1 on top of everything is I'd love to have on Blu-ray.
I Love The Narrow Margin (1952) :D I have the Digital but it's only available in SD. :( ..... I hope WBArchive releases it on Bluray soon. :)
the narrow margin.jpg

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Whenever Act of Violence is released I would want Mystery Street too so I can retire the DVD as they were paired together. Pretty much why I am not into double features these days. I still have the DVD of Side Street which was part of a Farley Granger double feature with They Live by Night. Hey George, release Side Street please ! :D

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
There are a number of movies like this where you just go along with them and they are very entertaining.
TBH, more than we realize when it comes to the sheer number of such films. Just about every Hitchcock film falls into that category. He stated his focus was on entertaining people not on eliminating plot holes.

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
Yes, every film needs a placard as they're all a product of their time and will offend someone in some way. We must be protected.
---------------
Interestingly there are a number of great musical numbers on youtube where if the movie were to be released today there would be a warning yet there are no warnings there. People may comment if they are offended or not but youtube makes no judgement. Thank God. They are there simply to make you feel guilty for enjoying them. In the last decades there have been many elements in fims that have offended me but nobody cared about my feelings. And that's the way I feel it should be.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Interestingly there are a number of great musical numbers on youtube where if the movie were to be released today there would be a warning yet there are no warnings there. People may comment if they are offended or not but youtube makes no judgement. Thank God.
Youtube is known for being a haven of pirated videos which is probably the reason why there are no warnings.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I very much want Lucky Me because my DVD has gone bad. (Same with Macao)
Did you buy that as part of one of the Doris Day multi-pack movies? I recall buying the same and several discs were defective. I bought "Lucky Me" separately and my copy still works (printed at different facility from the IPFI code in the center). I also backed it up to be safe as it's one of my favorite Doris Day films. But, I see that you can still purchase the dvd as it was re-issued through the Archive. Of course, bluray would be preferred. I'm REALLY hoping we get something Doris Day-related soon on bluray.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Macao is available via WAC a DVDr in case the movie isnt in the Blu-ray cards. I replaced a bunch for DVDr and they all play fine. Official DVDr movies from a studio like Warner I don't really mind because at least the image quality is still excellent and they dont freeze up. :)

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Whenever Act of Violence is released I would want Mystery Street too so I can retire the DVD as they were paired together. Pretty much why I am not into double features these days. I still have the DVD of Side Street which was part of a Farley Granger double feature with They Live by Night. Hey George, release Side Street please ! :D
I had that DVD years ago Side Street / They Live by Night. It would Freeze on Side Street after 5 minutes. I could Not watch it anymore. :( I have the Criterion Bluray of They Live by Night since day one. Side Street is a good one. I wish WBArchive release it soon. Farley Granger and Cathy O' Donnell are great together in both films. :)
09a37de731823751aa0530ba4a5d7941.jpg
side-promo-fgcod2.jpg

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Im actually going to watch Side Street now to make sure it's still working :) It looks GREAT and played all the way through ! This movie probably wouldn't take much time to restore as it does look excellent on DVD...

Last edited:

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
I had that DVD years ago Side Street / They Live by Night. It would Freeze on Side Street after 5 minutes. I could Not watch it anymore. :( I have the Criterion Bluray of They Live by Night since day one. Side Street is a good one. I wish WBArchive release it soon. Farley Granger and Cathy O' Donnell are great together in both films. :) View attachment 220587 View attachment 220588
I heart Cathy O'Donnell.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks