What's new

Splitter (1 Viewer)

59svj

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
Hi,

I purchased a OREI HD-102 1x2 1 Port HDMI Powered Splitter Ver 1.3 Certified for Full HD 1080P & 3D Support (One Input To Two Outputs).

What works:
Splitting HDMI OUT from Receiver via Cable Box to HDMI TV and a Projector

What doesn't work:
Splitting HDMI OUT from Receiver via a Laptop to HDMI TV and a Projector [Projector fails. I also tested other laptops with same result which is no image to Projector]

Thoughts on Why the Laptop will not split to the Projector?

Thank you for your time,
59svj

Chris Strnad

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Need considerably more detail to determine what's going on with the laptop output.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Many years ago, with a USB cable or even a VGA cable, it was necessary to press a toggle-key (often F5) on the laptop. One toggle sent the output only to the laptop screen, the next toggle sent the output only to the projector and the last toggle sent the output to both.

59svj

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
Thank you for the reply Dave. I was familiar with that toggle actually, it is the \ key about Enter. That didn't do it but triggered me to look more in to the Intel Graphics Properties. I changed it to 60i, I think it was 59p before, ......................... the screen flickered and that seemed to resolve it!!! I am guessing it could only handle interlaced?????? IDK, but it is working.
Thank you again for replying.
59svj

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Hi,

I purchased a OREI HD-102 1x2 1 Port HDMI Powered Splitter Ver 1.3 Certified for Full HD 1080P & 3D Support (One Input To Two Outputs).

What works:
Splitting HDMI OUT from Receiver via Cable Box to HDMI TV and a Projector
I'll have to look into this, as I've wanted a splitter for the HDMI output on my AVR to be able to access my blu-ray player with both my projector and my HDTV without needing to swap cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks