What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

HBO Max A Christmas Story Christmas (2022)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: A Christmas Story Christmas (2022)

Genre: Family, Comedy

Director: Clay Kaytis

Cast: Peter Billingsley, Ian Petrella, Zack Ward, Scott Schwartz, R.D. Robb, Julie Hagerty, Erinn Hayes, River Drosche, Julianna Layne

Release: 2022-11-17

Plot: An adult Ralphie returns to his house on Cleveland Street to deliver his kids a magical Christmas like the one he had growing up.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Per a TVline article many of the child actors from the original movie appear in this sequel.
That was not true of previous sequels which featured none of the original cast.

1666042715787.png

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
For those fans of the Saul Bass Warner Bros logo. It is included in the above trailer and presumable in the film.
1667323821845.png

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
It could go either way. Can’t tell. But I’m hoping it’s good.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
looks like something I am going to need to see, i just whish that they could have gotten Melinda Dillion to come out of retirement for this, nothing against Julie, but she is Mom, all it takes is the piggy eat scene, so endearing what parents can do, just to get a child to eat.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm not interested in HBOMAX. Does anyone know when this might be released on blu-ray?
At the earliest, I'd guess Christmas 2023. A number of studios seem to release made-for-streaming projects on disc about a year after they premiere on the streaming service.

I don't understand the title. A second "Christmas" in there seems redundant when it already indicates it's a story about Christmas without it.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Ouch!!! From the NY Times review.

“A Christmas Story,” Bob Clark’s bittersweet coming-of-age comedy based on the semi-autobiographical writings of the humorist Jean Shepherd, is that rarest of things: a holiday movie that’s actually good. “A Christmas Story Christmas,” the new legacy sequel, is something much more common: a holiday movie that’s very bad.

It’s an important distinction. “A Christmas Story” has gained in repute enormously since its modest release in 1983, to the extent that it has been firmly entrenched in the seasonal canon, cherished for its credible warmth and sly, mischievous humor. “A Christmas Story Christmas” seems destined for swift obsolescence — lost to the featureless sweep of the streaming ecosystem, where nostalgic cash-ins like this seem to vanish as soon as they materialize. When was the last time you thought about, say, “Coming 2 America”?

Mostly it made me want to watch the original, which, as always, remains well worth revisiting.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
RT is slightly positive at the moment, 67% "fresh" from 18 critics reviews (which includes the above).

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
I don't understand the title. A second "Christmas" in there seems redundant when it already indicates it's a story about Christmas without it.

I haven't seen it yet, but from the few things I read the story is about grown-up Ralphie wanting his kids to have a Christmas like he did when he was ten, like he did in "A Christmas Story" -- he wants them to have A Christmas Story Christmas in other words.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Well here’s a nice surprise, it looks like A Christmas Story Christmas will be available for digital purchase starting tomorrow! I hadn’t heard any announcement about that and figured it would just be an HBOMax exclusive for a good while.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks