What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Blu-ray Review A Few Words About A few words about...™ - Gravity (redux) -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I believe RAH is using the upcoming reissue as a platform to point out an allegation by a novelist that the studio allegedly used her idea without providing credit or compensation.

The Diamond Lux edition of Gravity has been long out of print and had been the only home video source for both the Atmos track and the “silent space version” alternate audio track, and it’s fetched massive prices on the resale market - this edition should be welcome news to 2D viewers who wish to have those audio options at a more reasonable price point.
Ms Gerritsen WAS provided basic compensation by virtue of the purchase of her novel by New Line. It was after the purchase of New Line that responsibilities became muddled, and her credit as author of the novel as basis for the film seems to have been rejected, even though it had been part of the mix.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The Diamond Lux edition of Gravity has been long out of print and had been the only home video source for both the Atmos track and the “silent space version” alternate audio track, and it’s fetched massive prices on the resale market - this edition should be welcome news to 2D viewers who wish to have those audio options at a more reasonable price point.
I was fortunate to buy the Diamond Luxe Canadian version (with Atmos) when it was priced normally on amazon.ca back in 2017. I meant to get the 3D version and merge them, but I don’t think I ever got around to it. And now I don’t have a 3D projector any more so that’s moot.

Who is pining for a 4K release? I’m the only person that commented that a 4K release was rumored for a long time.
I came to this thread originally assuming that this was about a 4K release. I’m not pining for it, but would consider a 4K re-buy. But I doubt I’ll re-buy the exact same copy I already have. :)

re1payne

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert Payne
My understanding is it's the Diamond Lux edition that includes Atmos and Silent version of film that was only previously available on the OOP Lux Edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks