What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Conformist -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

bugsy-pal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I don't own the Raro bluray (yet). I have looked at screen captures on a couple of sites, and I am of the belief that the Raro version is from the same scan/transfer as the Arrow. I know that there will be some who will condemn me for making such a statement based on screencaps.

It seems to me that the Arrow and Raro disc have exactly the same framing and the same colours. The main differences seem to be that the Arrow has had some heavy-handed noise reduction applied and a bit of a brightness adjustment. There is no additional detail apparent on the Raro disc. Also, there are instances where whites are blown out that seem to be the same on both discs. The Raro looks better, but it doesn't seem to be different enough to indicate that it's from a newer transfer.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
bugsy-pal said:
I don't own the Raro bluray (yet). I have looked at screen captures on a couple of sites, and I am of the belief that the Raro version is from the same scan/transfer as the Arrow. I know that there will be some who will condemn me for making such a statement based on screencaps.

It seems to me that the Arrow and Raro disc have exactly the same framing and the same colours. The main differences seem to be that the Arrow has had some heavy-handed noise reduction applied and a bit of a brightness adjustment. There is no additional detail apparent on the Raro disc. Also, there are instances where whites are blown out that seem to be the same on both discs. The Raro looks better, but it doesn't seem to be different enough to indicate that it's from a newer transfer.
The Arrow is an older (early 2000s) HD transfer, as available to them at the time.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
On January 6th Kino Repertory will release a new 4K restoration of the film in select theaters. Will see it if it's playing nearby and hope for a disc release next year.

"New 4K Restoration from the original camera negative by Cineteca di Bologna in collaboration with Minerva Pictures under the supervision of Fondazione Bernardo Bertolucci".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bipbop13
Recent bookmarks