What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The House by the Cemetery -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Blue Underground is a class act, and their 4k releases carry on that tradition. Possibly more so with Lucio Fulci's 1981 The House by the Cemetery.

Not a fan of giala, never was, but this one captured my interest. It's definitely creepy.

Those who love the genre will appreciate the incredible quality of this new 4k release, derived from the 35/2 OCN.

I had forgotten that this was a 2-perf production, but that came to the fore with immediacy, when I saw the grain structure, via that new glass, and every bit of grain is visible.

Step back and few feet, and the image turns velvety and wonderful.

Exteriors shot in Massachusetts with some interiors done back in Italy. Partially replaced dialogue.

Color, densities, black levels...

Everything about this release is perfect.

All that and more extras than fans may know what to do with.

A quality effort all around.

Audio has been upgraded to Dolby Atmos.

Image – 5

Audio – 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Upgrade from Blu-ray - Definitely

Highly Recommended.

RAH

sbjork

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
You might want to steer clear of BU's New York Ripper then. I'm sure the disc is excellent (like all of their product) but that one is raw even to me. :)

A friend reported odd chroma artifacts on their Ripper disc and posted screen shots to prove it. I have not seen any reviews refer to them, though. I have both discs coming this week, so I will have to find out for myself. I would like to hear RAH's views on that disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks