What's new

A Fresh New Look for HomeTheaterForum.com (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Not for me.

Check "Style Chooser" at the VERY bottom of any HTF page.
Your currently selected "Style" is also on the very top, static, banner between "What's New" and "Change Width." - At least on a computer (don't know about mobile). It shows the style you're *not* currently using. I'm on "Light Style" and it's showing me "Dark Style" - if I click that wording my formatting changes to "Dark Style" and it then shows "Light Style."

Jonathan

Owner
Real Name
Jonathan
I reached out to the ad provider about that ad. They had already received numerous complaints about it and blocked the advertiser.

We'll do our best to keep ads like this off HTF, but if any slip through the cracks just message me or @andrew and we'll have the advertiser blocked from showing any future ads.

andrew

Administrator
Real Name
Andrew
@Malcolm R Thanks - I've sent that over too so they can be blocked also.

Ps. I also work i public spaces a lot so when Jonathan or I takes care of an ad problem, I'm going to also remove the giant inappropriate photo example from the original post as well since we don't need them in perpetuity. Also, I just had an awkward few minutes in a cafe 😂

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The ads are becoming intrusive again, refreshing every 3 seconds or so, and when they refresh, they move my cursor out of this text box when typing a reply. VERY ANNOYING!
@Jonathan - Is anyone looking into this issue? I was just interrupted multiple times trying to type a reply in the Scrooged 4K review thread.

andrew

Administrator
Real Name
Andrew
Sorry @Todd Erwin, we're waiting to hear back from them currently. I've sent them a couple questions last week and I'll follow up as soon as the holidays are passed incase it got lost in the shuffle or if our manager is out for the holiday. I've also noticed that happen, infrequently, but it was very annoying when it happened.

andrew

Administrator
Real Name
Andrew
@Todd Erwin Just to follow up - I heard back today that they've opened a ticket related to the focus being pulled out of the reply box. Please let me know if you notice any change, whether it's more or less frequently occurring at any point.

midvalleyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
Further to my previous post, another review impossible to read :angry:
anotherreview.png

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I don’t care for the purple but that review is very easy to see and read on my iPad. Doesn’t look like that at all for me.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
This is what it looks like on my computer. iPad and MacBook are basically the same as this.

I'm also not a big fan of reversed text, but it reads just fine for me as well.

My guess is the people who are having results like the previous post have something odd configured in the fonts of their browser. The color of the background and boxes are basically the same. It's the text that's different.

Screenshot20231201.gif

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Something definitely just changed on the forum, as all reviews now look like this at the top of the page:

1701736744710.png

1701736799927.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks