What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Avengers: ENDGAME (April 26, 2019) [NON-SPOILERS] (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's not that you weren't thrilled with the Captain Marvel trailer, it's that you're allowing a two-minute preview for that movie to affect your interest in a completely different movie.

An opinion you are of course fully entitled to, but just one that's a little bit weird.:)

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
It's not that you weren't thrilled with the Captain Marvel trailer, it's that you're allowing a two-minute preview for that movie to affect your interest in a completely different movie.

An opinion you are of course fully entitled to, but just one that's a little bit weird.:)
But I’ve admitted that I’ll probably love both films despite my disappointment in the trailer. A little bit weird I can live with. :D

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Sean Gunn on Avengers 4:

“I can tell you this,” he said. “I can tell you that the movie is going to be really excellent. We shot them originally pretty much back-to-back with a short break … and I like (‘Avengers 4’) even more than ‘Infinity War,’ at least from the script and from shooting it, and I was really happy with ‘Infinity War.’ So I’m very hopeful that it’s going to be a great movie.”

https://mcucosmic.com/2018/09/25/sean-gunn-talks-about-avengers-4-and-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3/

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Some leaked photos posted on Twitter show Captain America's new uniform. They're low-rez, but look to be legit:

Dn8nyklXgAETNrW.jpg
Dn8nyk4XkAA87WS.jpg
Dn8nykmXUAISyHS.jpg

[/SPOLIER]

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I think the trailer for Avengers 4 will go out in December, either with Spider-Verse (I'm sure Sony would love this) or Mary Poppins (because Disney) or the PG-13 Deadpool (because Disney/Fox.) And maybe it will screen on Aquaman too.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
I think the trailer for Avengers 4 will go out in December, either with Spider-Verse (I'm sure Sony would love this) or Mary Poppins (because Disney) or the PG-13 Deadpool (because Disney/Fox.) And maybe it will screen on Aquaman too.

Will the theaters also show the trailer for "Mary Poppins Returns" where it is Yondu who returns?

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
MARVEL ISN'T EVEN PRETENDING THAT THE END OF INFINITY WAR MATTERED
If Marvel isn’t taking the end of Infinity War seriously, why should we?

Let’s get one thing out of the way: No one believes the end of Infinity War will stick. With a snap of his fingers, Thanos deleted half of all life in the universe and billions of dollars of profit from potential sequels, spin-offs, and merchandise. After that snap, pretty much everyone in the theater went “Oh, so Avengers 4 is about them undoing that.”

We all know it’s coming. This isn’t some great revelation. But while that’s about as safe a bet as saying “Venom won’t be in it,” it still feels incredibly strange to see Marvel, the studio who made the bold choice to end Infinity War this way, not even trying to pretend like that ending mattered.

Last night, Tom Holland showed up in-character as Spider-Man on Jimmy Kimmel Live to show off his new suit for next year’s Spider-Man: Far From Home, even though Spider-Man is dead. Last week, it was revealed that Ryan Coogler would return to write and direct Black Panther 2, even though T’Challa is also dead. Last month, we heard Loki and Scarlet Witch are getting their own streaming TV shows, despite both being killed by Thanos in their respective ways. And before that, there was all the controversy around Guardians of the Galaxy 3and… well, you get it. They’re (mostly) all dead too.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/1...tending-that-the-end-of-infinity-war-mattered

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
For all we know, Loki faked his death. Sure, it looked like Thanos killed him … but Loki has been known to fake his death, very convincingly, before.

That doesn't negate the point about the others …

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
To be completely fair, Spider-Man is a Sony property and Sony is going to do what they're going to do in terms of marketing it regardless of what Disney is doing with The Avengers. So that one is not entirely on Disney. But that's why I was surprised they chose to kill Spider-Man, knowing that he has a film next summer and that Disney knows Sony will begin marketing for their big July release before Disney releases their movie in May. This guarantees that we will see marketing for a movie featuring an alive Spider-Man before we see the movie where he comes back to life.

I get that they did the year-long gap between Avengers films because The Avengers is their biggest property and they want both of these films to play in summer. However, given the nature of the cliffhanger, I wonder if it might have been a smarter move to take a page from the Matrix sequels and release them closer together (May-to-November in the case of those movies) to prevent issues like this. If Avengers 4 was a November release, Sony wouldn't have to begin marketing Far From Home until after it, and a lot of these other announcements would have been easier to contain for a shorter period.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks