What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Theatrical Beetlejuice Beetlejuice (2024) (1 Viewer)

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
You never know. If this sequel is successful and the principals are willing, it could happen before Tim and/or Michael get their copies of the Handbook for the Recently Deceased.

I feel this is going to be it for Beetlejuice, it's taken 36 years for this to actually happen.

Also Michael is 72, he looks damn good for 72; but he's getting up there though.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I get that the title is trying to be a cutesy play on saying the character's name multiple times, but I really don't like Beetlejuice Beetlejuice as a title. It just seems confusing and unclear conversationally because it is literally duplicating the original title. I don't really see what the problem would be with calling this Beetlejuice 2 which would be a lot more clear.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
I'm the exact opposite of Jake ; when I heard the official title I thought it was brilliant and would instantly connect with the millions of fans the film has developed over the decades. I hope the film itself is half as clever.

Last edited:

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Well, I'm old enough to have dissed a number of sequels when announced, like Blade Runner, only to realize they were quite good, so despite my initial felling of 'oh, wtf why?', I'll hold my judgment.
(and completely crush it once it's out ;))

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Beetlejuice 2 is just easier to say, WB thinking saying it twice will make it more marketable or who knows how their thinking process is done these days.

Saying it twice, instead of the number 2 will most likely lead to confusion between the two films.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Saying it twice, instead of the number 2 will most likely lead to confusion between the two films.
If someone goes to a movie theater and sees "Beetlejuice Beetlejuice" on the signs and thinks that a 36 year old movie is playing eleven times a day, they're bound to be confused by a lot more than movie titles and they can't be helped.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
If someone goes to a movie theater and sees "Beetlejuice Beetlejuice" on the signs and thinks that a 36 year old movie is playing eleven times a day, they're bound to be confused by a lot more than movie titles and they can't be helped.

The confusion between the two would be from getting the plots and events mixed up, not thinking the sequel is the original.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think most people will just refer to it as Beetlejuice or Beetlejuice 2. I don't see anyone regularly saying Beetlejuice Beetlejuice unless they think they're being funny.

Just like when talking about the Avatar sequel, I just call it Avatar 2. I'm not going to say or type Avatar: The Way of Water every time I refer to it.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I think most people will just refer to it as Beetlejuice or Beetlejuice 2. I don't see anyone regularly saying Beetlejuice Beetlejuice unless they think they're being funny.

Just like when talking about the Avatar sequel, I just call it Avatar 2. I'm not going to say or type Avatar: The Way of Water every time I refer to it.

Beetlejuice is already 11 letters long, I don't see theaters putting it up twice on their marques.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Next you'll be telling us you just call it Star Wars instead of the full and proper Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope! ;)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
A bit of a spoilery synopsis

"After an unexpected family tragedy, three generations of the Deetz family return to the small Vermont town of Winter River. Paranormal empath, Lydia Deetz, begins to see the lecherous demon Beetlejuice, who haunted her as a teenager. His plans to finally marry Lydia are given extra urgency when his dead wife comes to life and begins to stalk the Afterlife hunting for him. Meanwhile, Lydia’s teenage daughter embarks on a romance with a local teen."

Last edited:

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Trailer to drop within the next week, there have been two positive test screenings that were held last month

In the tag there is some info on what was seen, if you wish to wait to see the film then turn back now.

Also there is an interview done with Michael Keaton also talking about the film

So, as mentioned, the test screening went well. We should take note that former stars of the original, Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis, are not in this sequel, nor do they have cameos. Willem Dafoe is said to have a very small role, and there is supposedly a musical number in “Beetlejuice Beetlejuice.” Speaking of cameos, a decently famous actor shows up late in the movie, but he shall not be revealed on these pages.

I keep hearing great things about the visuals. Burton uses a lot of practical effects in this film, and it’s said to be visually beautiful to look at. Also, unlike the original, Michael Keaton’s titular character is the good guy this time around as he helps Lydia (Winona Ryder) find her Daughter and her boyfriend who somehow ended up getting trapped in the afterlife.
Speaking on The Jess Cagle Show, Keaton admitted having seen a cut of the upcoming sequel, and he loved what he saw:

It is really good. And beautiful. Beautiful, you know, physically. You know what I mean? The other one was so fun and exciting visually. It’s all that, but really kind of beautiful and interestingly emotional here and there. I wasn’t ready for that, you know. Yeah, it’s great.”
He goes on to praise the cast, adding “It’s great and the cast, I mean, Catherine [O’Hara], if you thought she was funny last time, double it. She’s so funny and Justin Theroux is like, I mean, come on. It’s just so fun and I’ve seen it now, I’m gonna see it again after a couple little tweaks in the editing room and I confidently say this thing is great.”

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Trailer to drop within the next week, there have been two positive test screenings that were held last month

In the tag there is some info on what was seen, if you wish to wait to see the film then turn back now.

Also there is an interview done with Michael Keaton also talking about the film

Teaser, not actual trailer right?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.