What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Theatrical Beetlejuice Beetlejuice (2024) (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This is a WB film, so the trailer will probably be attached to Godzilla x Kong as that is their next release. It is interesting they decided not to put it on Dune.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This is a WB film, so the trailer will probably be attached to Godzilla x Kong as that is their next release. It is interesting they decided not to put it on Dune.
Speaking of which, I can’t believe Disney let the chance slip to attach trailers for Deadpool/Wolverine and Kingdom of POTA to Dune 2.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure

Teaser are released online these days.

Speaking of which, I can’t believe Disney let the chance slip to attach trailers for Deadpool/Wolverine and Kingdom of POTA to Dune 2.

Super Bowl is big $$$ for trailers and teasers, plus with social media now, it can make or brake a film these days.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Most people watch teasers and trailers online now, which they will then go on social media and talk about it which will lead it to trending.
Definitely. But usually they're post online at the same time as they go out with a new release film. So when a major new release is coming out from the same studio, it's a good time to anticipate a trailer online.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Most people watch teasers and trailers online now
Yes, I'm aware of how it works. I never suggested that was not the case. None of that means it isn't also important to show trailers in theaters attached to similar films.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
First look

GJHo1UjWYAAmLd0

GJHpWJIXMAA4yij

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
That doesn't look like Michael Keaton at all

Here's the whole picture not just a crop of Jenna and Winona. The guy on the end looks very Otho-esque.

1710945978353.png

Last edited:

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Can we assume that (speculation but I’ll spoilerize just in case):
Charles is dead and this is his funeral? There’s no way Jeffery Jones was gonna be allowed to appear in this as he, ahem, had gotten in trouble a while back.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
For the same reason Disney makes endless shitty live action remakes of their animated films: fo' the money.

Meanwhile, the number of original, adult-themed films continues to shrink...

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
That looks like a Beetlejuice movie. It seems well enough made. But I'm not really getting what makes this one distinctive. I know "Day-O" is an iconic part of the original, but it is kind of surprising to me that they're using it again. Why not use something new to do for some other song what the first film did for "Day-O?"

That being said, this is an early trailer. Its job basically seems to be to tell moviegoers, "Hey, remember Beetlejuice? We made another one." In that respect, this trailer has done its job. The fact that WB put online now almost certainly means it will screen theatrically ahead of Godzilla x Kong next week, as I predicted earlier this month.

I wonder if there will be an in-universe explanation for why Beetlejuice looks and sounds older, or if it will be one of those "Shut up and don't think about that" situations. Obviously, we know how long it has taken to make this movie. Michael Keaton is very much alive, so he's gotten older. But by internal story logic, the dead characters should be the same age as they were in the first film.

Last edited:

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Absolutely perfect hype building teaser! The original is one of my all time favorites, so I’m pumped!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.