What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order Blackhat (2015) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
91VB-qr+GvL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
This film had completely bypassed me until this announcement, probably because the cover made me think it was an animated feature. Watched the trailer and will wait on reviews before deciding between the 4k or blu ray.

Richard M S

Screenwriter
Twitter has a multiple posts about this release. While it contains "both the US and international versions of the film".......neither is the preferred (at least by those on Twitter) Director's Cut.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
The real question for this title is: are they going back to the original digital files to create a 4K master, or will this be an upscale from 2K with an HDR pass? Mann's been using digital for so long that I had to go check which cameras were used here to see if 4K is even possible.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I saw the alternate version on Fox movie channel a couple years ago and it wasn’t any better.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I bought the cheapest used blu ray I could find @ £1.39 (the postage was more!). There is a good film struggling to get out. Unfortunately, the cast were comatose throughout and if you didn't know that Chris Hemsworth was famous for Thor, you would have thought he was an unknown. The villain, another unknown, is a scruffy herbert called Yorick van Wageningen! Chris nicks $73m from Yorick and kills him at the end with a sharpened screwdriver (sorry for the spoiler!). The real mystery here is how Michael Mann spent $70m on this film, my hunch is that his account was hacked during production and he was only left with enough small change to cast the villain and finish the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks