What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order Twister (1996) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
1300x500_twister-limited-edition-4k-steelbook.jpg

GRUV.COM Preorder

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

https://www.amazon.com/Twister-4K-B...16-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Last edited:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Hard to tell from the small picture at GRUV, but it seems like it's Dolby TrueHD audio, not Atmos.

OK, so it's Dolby Atmos-TrueHD, which is a new one on me.

Last edited:

YANG

Screenwriter
the texts are just too greyish to read...
1000837018_3_8414.jpg

...no Auro3D but Atmos is "there" as according to the artwork.​

YANG

Screenwriter
to those who're not so concerned about 4K visuals but only on the availability of English Atmos track, beside the German-Release...
b32a0ff3661133e8de7c2c96d5b9f1c808d441d5.jpeg

...you can go single disc French release, which doesn't comes with Auro3D but English DTS-HD track.
note that this release may not be region-free as Turbine Germany release do.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Just saw the post about this today. Currently, it’s no longer available for preorder on Amazon so I tried signing up for a GRUV account and I don’t think I’ve ever encountered a more poorly scripted and broken website.

Last edited:

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
I thought it was the dumbest film I had ever seen at the time, filled with a bunch of characters I didn't care about. I've seen dumber ones since. However, I did use the laserdisc when I wanted to demo my sound system to people. The opening scene has magnificent sound.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
If I remember correctly, there were a lot of issues concerning the twister sequences on the original DVD release. I believe this was due to the compression and limited bandwidth of the format.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
If I remember correctly, there were a lot of issues concerning the twister sequences on the original DVD release. I believe this was due to the compression and limited bandwidth of the format.

Yes, and Twister was also one of the inaugural DVD releases at the format's launch in late 1997. The industry hadn't quite gotten the hang of MPEG-2 yet. Had it been released a few years later, it might have come out better.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Appears that pre-order links do not work. Cannot find any pre-order opportunities? Not even a release date?
Yep, Amazon lists it as "Currently Unavailable" and GRUV has a page for it but no "Add to Cart" option. Looks like they're both broken at the moment.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Appears that pre-order links do not work. Cannot find any pre-order opportunities? Not even a release date?

Hi Roger!

You can order it from GRUV right now. The link is in the top post.

I am not certain if the Amazon link was live and then taken down. That happens sometimes. Other times I put up a placeholder, and in that case, the link should go live any day now.

Robert Saccone

Premium
Hi Roger!

You can order it from GRUV right now. The link is in the top post.

I am not certain if the Amazon link was live and then taken down. That happens sometimes. Other times I put up a placeholder, and in that case, the link should go live any day now.
Even on GRUV there’s no way to add it to the basket and check out. Can’t believe this went so quick. Been trying for days in both.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Even on GRUV there’s no way to add it to the basket and check out. Can’t believe this went so quick. Been trying for days in both.

I don't think it's a matter of limited inventory. I think in both cases, Warner pulled the preorders pending an official announcement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks