What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Blockbuster renting new releases before official street date. (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
This has happened to me several times now. I call to get the street date of a film, I also look online, or, look on their message board behind the counter.

What they are doing is putting the dvds/blu's out for rent the day before official street. Today my wife went right at 10am (first person in the door) when they open and there's only 3 copies of Robinhood available out of 3 entire shelves. A couple of times I've gone in when they open and they were all rented out of new releases, no copies to rent on official street day.

Anyone else having this happen? If not, I'm calling BB corporate and ratting these guys out.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Here, they always clear the shelf space the day or so ahead, but I've never seen the actual DVD's put out early.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
If this is happening it isnt "blockbuster " but your local bbv and probably an isolated incident.
WE set the shelves up Monday or earlier and put the movies out Monday night.
There shouldn't even be time for anyone to rent them since we shelve them just before closing time.

When you go in on Tuesday morning at 10 am when they open, and there are zero copies on the shelf, I'm sure you asked them if there were any to rent and if not "how could you be out of stock as you just opened. "
If they are renting them Monday night it is a clear policy violation and should be ratted out.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I'll make the call. They just tell me they received only a few copies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks