What's new
World Wide Stereo

Bose Soundbar 700 connectivity options (1 Viewer)

iceqbzz

Auditioning
Real Name
Kani
Hi All, I am planning to buy the Bose Soundbar 700. My Samsung Series 6 TV however doesn't have HDMI ARC port. It has four regular HDMI. It also doesn't have an Optical IN.

I do have a Denon AVR 1911 which I use with this TV. Just one cable goes from TV to Denon AVR (HDMI ARC out) and all the media sources connect to HDMI IN on the AVR. This works just fine with my Polk Audio speakers.

Question: Can I connect the Soundbar 700 to AVR to get the sound output from the soundbar. I am planning to not use my Polk audio speakers anymore.

Denon AVR does have a HDMI ARC out, and Optical IN port. Can anyone help with this.

thanks.

iceqbzz

Auditioning
Real Name
Kani
Hi All, I am planning to buy the Bose Soundbar 700. My Samsung Series 6 TV however doesn't have HDMI ARC port. It has four regular HDMI. It also doesn't have an Optical IN.

I do have a Denon AVR 1911 which I use with this TV. Just one cable goes from TV to Denon AVR (HDMI ARC out) and all the media sources connect to HDMI IN on the AVR. This works just fine with my Polk Audio speakers.

Question: Can I connect the Soundbar 700 to AVR to get the sound output from the soundbar. I am planning to not use my Polk audio speakers anymore.

Denon AVR does have a HDMI ARC out, and Optical IN port. Can anyone help with this.

thanks.

iceqbzz

Auditioning
Real Name
Kani
Did some research, I think I need something like an HDMI audio extractor.

With multiple HDMI inputs, and one HDMI out and one SPDIF out. HDMI out will go to the TV, and SPDIF out will go to the soundbar.

Will this affect the overall sound quality?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Why do you want the sound bar? Because it doesn’t sound like it suits your needs.

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Anyway, you don't use a soundbar and a receiver. Soundbars are intended to be better than the TV's internal speakers, and that's all. They are not designed to be used with a receiver. To use the soundbar, you connect your devices to the hdmi inputs on the TV, then connect the optical audio output on the TV to the optical audio input on the soundbar. You won't get 5.1 audio, but the soundbar isn't 5.1 anyway, so it's not a big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks