What's new

Press Release BVHE Press Release: Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs (1937) (4k UHD Combo) (2 Viewers)

TallPaulInKy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul W Urbahns
I don't have a 4K player. But if the included Blu-ray is a new transfer, a was the case with Cinderella, this will be an immediate purchase for me.
It's smart to bundle the 4K with a Blue Ray otherwise it probably would not sell enough to make it financially.

I understand we adults want quality. But if I was buying this for my grandkids to watch, I know how young fingers can destroy physical media. :) That's why streaming is so popular with young parents.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It's smart to bundle the 4K with a Blue Ray otherwise it probably would not sell enough to make it financially.
Oh, we know there is going to be a Blu-ray with it. That was never in question. Disney regularly does that on their animated films. The cover also indicates this will be the case. What I'm saying is, the only reason for me to buy this without needing the 4K disc is if the Blu-ray transfer is also sourced from the new restoration. I don't need another Blu-ray copy that is identical to the transfer I already have.

However, Disney has been inconsistent on this point recently. Cinderella did have a new Blu-ray transfer with its 4K release, while The Nightmare Before Christmas used the old one from 2008. As such, I double dipped on Cinderella and passed on The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Last edited:

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
However, Disney has been inconsistent on this point recently. Cinderella did have a new Blu-ray transfer with its 4K release, while The Nightmare Before Christmas used the old one from 2008. As such, I double dipped on Cinderella and passed on The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Snow White is the jewel in the crown, though. My educated guess is that they wouldn't think of reissuing the old blu-ray with this release.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
My educated guess is that they wouldn't think of reissuing the old blu-ray with this release.
That implies Disney makes these kind of decisions logically or consistently among these releases, and I'm not sure they do. I hope you're right. But I want to find out from reviews, etc. before locking in an order.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Always wondered about this:

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Always wondered about this:

However, though Tolkien's usage spurred its recent rise, he did not invent the word. This article includes an interesting ngram:
https://grammarist.com/usage/dwarfs-dwarves/

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Amazon just changed my delivery date from Oct. 10 to November 21. Result: I am flummoxed.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Result: I am flummoxed.
Amazon has been in a feud with Disney on pre-order items for years. There's a whole thread about it somewhere if you want to dig it up.

I do not recommend pre-ordering Disney titles from Amazon and have not done so since 2016.

Just get it from another retailer.

leomichel

Auditioning
Real Name
Lionel Michaux
Oh, we know there is going to be a Blu-ray with it. That was never in question. Disney regularly does that on their animated films. The cover also indicates this will be the case. What I'm saying is, the only reason for me to buy this without needing the 4K disc is if the Blu-ray transfer is also sourced from the new restoration. I don't need another Blu-ray copy that is identical to the transfer I already have.

I just bought this new edtion this afternoon (this is the advantage of living in Paris where imported BRs can be sold before the street date in the US). A very quick glance at the BR : this is the new restored version. There is plenty of grain and it does seem splendid.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you for that, Lionel! I haven't seen any reviews yet for this title so yours is the first information I've seen regarding the Blu-ray copy also being the restored version. I have ordered my copy now.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I just bought this new edtion this afternoon (this is the advantage of living in Paris where imported BRs can be sold before the street date in the US). A very quick glance at the BR : this is the new restored version. There is plenty of grain and it does seem splendid.
So, does it include the original mono track? Lossless or lossy?

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It has the same audio tracks as the previous blu-rays, with the omission of the 24-bit DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 surround track.
Not sure why they didn't include that in this release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks