What's new

Press Release BVHE Press Release: Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs (1937) (4k UHD Combo) (1 Viewer)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That is true, there is no mono audio track without audio description. TBH, this 4K/UHD format is not the best home video format for film purists that only wants classic movies to look and sound like they did when they were first filmed.
Well that's a bummer. I do see (or should I say hear) that it is available on the included blu-ray. Why wouldn't they offer it on the UHD?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The best part of the extras on the old Blu Ray is presented in a wimpy edited version on new set:(
The new Blu-ray appears to have identical supplements to the most recent Signature Collection release which has been on the market since 2016.

While unfortunate, that's not really a surprise. Disney has never cared about maintaining all previously available bonus material. I have retained the 2001 Platinum Edition and 2009 Diamond Edition for this reason and would recommend anybody interested in supplements keep those as well.

Last edited:

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Well that's a bummer. I do see (or should I say hear) that it is available on the included blu-ray. Why wouldn't they offer it on the UHD?

Not sure, but the track on the standard Blu-ray is actually true stereo, and not dual-mono. So the "original" track is not on the release at all.

To be fair, as others have pointed out, this 5.1 doesn't sound too gimmicky or revisionist. It's mostly a very subtle expansion, so I can probably live with it. But still, I'm not sure what happened regarding the mono track. :huh:

warnerbro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Darrell
What I noticed most is that the 4k has a dark gray look where the HD is bright and sharp. I wonder why the difference? They are supposed to be the same version only one is 4k. Other than that, what we get is the original look of the brush strokes, the watercolor bleeding into the paper -- actually artistry which is breathtaking. We are treated to what appear to be original hand-drawn and hand-painted artistry where lines are uneven and smeared charcoal lines which the previous version had scrubbed.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Don’t know if this has been posted but Best Buy has their exclusive Steelbook 4k in store for $9.99. At my store I also saw Little Mermaid and Moana 4Ks steelbooks at the same price.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Don’t know if this has been posted but Best Buy has their exclusive Steelbook 4k in store for $9.99. At my store I also saw Little Mermaid and Moana 4Ks steelbooks at the same price.
It's been posted in other threads, last night, I purchased four of them and I'm on my way to pick them up now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks