What's new

Can Bose ACM10 II Base be swapped with Bose ACM5 II Base? (1 Viewer)

RL0205

Agent
Real Name
Robbie
Oh WOW John Rice . . . you definitely have a very nice system; but at least you know what to do with your system.

As you mentioned, even Best Buy said I shouldn't skimp on the Subwoofer; I know we will definitely enjoy the 77" LG OLED and the new Surround Sound system.

Thanks everyone for all your input.

~Robbie

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Personally, without listening to the various options, I simply trust the Martin Logan brand much more than Klipsch. So, I'd say it was a good move.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
BTW, just for grins, here are the subs being delivered...

You can read my review HERE.

_FER6088crop1200.jpg

RL0205

Agent
Real Name
Robbie
Aloha John Rice,
Thanks for saying I did a good move . . . Thanks for the GRINS of your Subs. Nice review and OMG you sure have some GREAT equipment.

~Robbie

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Was a little saddened to hear that new OLED TVs might last 5 - 6 yrs while our Panasonic Plasma was bought in 2009

Does anyone know any tricks or ways to help make our OLED TV last a little longer as we were hoping to make this our FINAL TV.
That’s really disappointing to hear, as I was intending to go OLED when my beloved Pioneer plasma finally gives up the ghost.

Can’t speak specifically as to what would help longevity, but I expect that ratcheting down the brightness would help tremendously, unless they have other failure issues (like maybe the power supply).

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That’s really disappointing to hear, as I was intending to go OLED when my beloved Pioneer plasma finally gives up the ghost.

Can’t speak specifically as to what would help longevity, but I expect that ratcheting down the brightness would help tremendously, unless they have other failure issues (like maybe the power supply).

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
That might be exaggerated, though 10 years is probably all you can hope for. Any input @Sam Posten ?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Aloha John Rice,
Thanks for saying I did a good move . . . Thanks for the GRINS of your Subs. Nice review and OMG you sure have some GREAT equipment.

~Robbie
I don’t include specifics any more, but the audio side is very nice. A 65” Vizio P Series is fine for me for video.

RL0205

Agent
Real Name
Robbie
Aloha Wayne and John, Yes, I think it might be a little exaggerated too; but they really don't build things like they use to the induction stove, fancy refrigerators, etc.
My girlfriend remodeled kitchen in 2010 and had to have her stove and refer fixed twice and eventually got new ones.
In Hawaii some people have roaches and for her stove the roaches tripped the 'mother board'.
I'm very fortunate that we still have ALL of our original major appliances as well as central air condition units from 2001. Because we live close to and have salt water all around us, we're the only one in our new neighborhood that had sent the air conditioner out to be 'taken apart and have every piece, nut/bolts rust proofed' begore being installed and it's 21 yrs old. Some neighbors have already changed theirs twice.
Wayne, I really like our Panasonic Plasma too, but when my husband watches golf he can hardly read the scores; that's why he wanted a bigger TV. I keep reading that LG makes the best OLED, which I think Vizio uses LG OLEDs.
I heard their G2 is really up there and one of the best; sure hope it will outlive their predictions.
Thanks again to all of you; I really appreciate all of your time and helpful information.

Mahanlo, Robbie

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
That might be exaggerated, though 10 years is probably all you can hope for. Any input @Sam Posten ?

Anyone who says that a 2022 era tv still has retention or shortened life is guilty of FUD. If you want to be somewhat sure buy an extended warranty but I have not for any of my 4 OLED purchases and recommend against it

I strongly suspect the only reason why YouTubers even mention it these days is just because if someone gets a 1 in a million dud they can’t then blame the streamers

Mike Up

Supporting Actor
Thanks Mike, Didn't realize it was that expensive but because Best Buy would have matched Amazon's price for the Klipsch SPL-100 they felt the Martin Logan technically for the same price would be 'crisper and not as rumbling'??

Thanks for saying we did okay with the Martin Logan . . . my husband almost had a heart attack when he saw how much EVERYTHING cost as we also bought 2 Samsung S22s.

~Robbie
Amazon was selling the SPL-100 for $399 so you were able to get the Martin Logan for the same $400. That's one hek of a deal since the Martin Logan is usually around $699. However even at the higher price, it's a good subwoofer with features justifying the higher cost.

As far as OLED only lasting 5 or 6 years, is that what Best Buy told you? I find that hard to believe as no one would dish out that kind of money for only 5 years.

I would had liked to get OLED but felt maybe I'd let the tech mature a bit. I bought Plasma when it was first out and didn't like a lot of things with the Plasma TV and eventually returned it for the LG 3D TV I have now. However the OLED TVs don't seem to have the issues that Plasma had. Since I have some things going on in my life that don't allow me to buy the most expensive things, I bought the Hisense 65U6G TV for it's performance bang for the buck and I'm very impressed even now. Of course OLED would be better but at 2.5X to 3X the price of my Hisense.

Your Martin Logan sub should sound excellent but sounds as the salesman got confused on the models. The 400 (8") and 600x (10") are both bass reflex subwoofer with a slot port. The 800X (10"), 1100X (12") and 1600X (15") are all sealed subwoofers without a slot port.

The Ported subs are stereotyped to be louder overall and louder in the low bass which is better for Movies but at the expense of a sharp rolloff in low bass. They are also said not to be as controlled or as tight as sealed, which should be better with music.

The sealed subs are stereotyped to have less volume but extend deeper into the bass with a more shallow roll off and since they are sealed, the compressed air in the cabinet keeps the speaker moving faster, producing tighter and more 'crisp' sound for music. However these are stereotypes and either type can be good for music or movies but Ported subs are louder.

Last edited:

RL0205

Agent
Real Name
Robbie
Aloha Everyone,
First off, thanks Sam Posten for your comments about life of TV. It's me the CLUELESS Senior again and I would really appreciate it if Wayne, Mike Up, John Rice, etc. can help comment one last time as I read through all my posts and your replies and just have a few more questions.

And John, every time I pass by your post with photo of your SUBs it puts a Grin on my face! Mike Up we have ESP as I started typing this but still doing research when your message came over.

OMG, the ES10 speakers were delivered yesterday and they are Huge but very nice looking a little bigger/solid looking than I expected although I knew it was supposed to be 6# but don't really know what it feels like until you have it in your hands.

I showed Best Buy Jumble SINSB7W ProGrip Ultra Stainless Steal Speaker Wall Mount Bracket, Pair of 2 in White which they said would be okay for me to purchase for Polk ES10 as it was a Universal Mount. But after receiving ES10, I'm not sure/comfortable that it will hold up the 6# nicely as I've read complaints that when people use these types of wall mounts [especially I want White] that it will be okay, but the next morning they find it drooping all the way down and facing the floor even for 6# speakers.

Therefore, since I'm not familiar with all the different brands out there that have 'White' satellite/bookshelf speakers, I fine-tuned my search and said 'any White mini cube speakers like Bose' and it came up with Cambridge Audio which their double-cubed speakers are almost similar in size/weight as my Bose.

Anyway, if all of you don't mind me going back to the 'drawing board' as I would really prefer staying to the size of the Bose double-cubed speakers I would appreciate your feedback again as technically I can RETURN everything ordered as I'm within Return period and Best Buy still haven't given me a Installation Date.

So starting from 'scratch,' Family Room has 8ft ceiling and carpeted and it is 21.5 ft x 19.25 ft approx 410 sq ft. which includes extension that has a pool table. However, the True sitting area for watching the TV is 11.5' x 19.25' which is Apprx 220 sq. ft.

As mentioned, we're Clueless Seniors and don't really listen to music but love to watch action/thriller and don't need a lot of LOUDNESS and BOOM.

I like the sleekness of the Polk TL1 that Mike Up suggested and comments, but didn't seem like it would 'voice the same' with the ES35 if I stayed with Polk as he stated 'A mismatched center speaker could kill the effect, making that effect sound different from the other speakers. They should all sound the same.' Also wasn't sure if it was too weak for True Room size of 220 sq. ft. but also as quoted 'but if you were satisfied with your previous Bose system in that room, then there’s no reason to think you won’t be satisfied with the Polks.'

Wayne also said 'Since you are using the Yamaha RX-A780 Receiver, you can “mix and match” any speakers you want.'

Therefore, this is what I'm thinking of changing to but would like your comments if they will be mismatched and suggestions of how to change/correct without getting more than I really need as I was happy with my Bose Acoustimass 10 Series II.

4 White Cambridge Audio Minx Min 22 @ $159 each
1 Black Cambridge Audio SX-70 @ $189
1 Black Cambridge Audio Minx X201 @ $449 or
X301 @ $549 whichever you think would be sufficient if I stayed with ALL Cambridge

If staying with Cambridge Minx Min 22 and Minx subwoofer would Polk Audio Signature Elite ES35 @ $339 be a better Center and 'voiced the same' as it is a little shorter than Cambridge SX-70

or would Martin Logan @ $699 [not $400 as Martin Logan not on Sale on Amazon] be better Subwoofer than Cambridge X201/X301 keeping in mind that we don't really listen to music or need extra LOUDNESS or BOOM and don't want to do 'overkill'

Another option, would White Polk TL1 Satellite @ $69 and Polk TL1 Center Channel @ $74.99 be 'voiced the same' as it is also a little shorter than Cambridge SX-70

Please understand that I don't really know the 'language' and might be stating things incorrectly. Also if I do Cambridge Minx Min 22, they have their own Minx 400M wall Brackets like Bose has for their double cubes.

So please if you don't mind reviewing ALL I stated above and giving me your comments, opinions, or suggestions so I can receive my Order in time for when Best Buy comes for the Installation.

Thank you ALL in advance for the time you have given me as CLUELESS me REALLY APPRECIATE ALL of YOU!!!

Mahalo, Robbie

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The ES10s really aren't that big (8.4" tall). Are you certain you can't live with them?

Mike Up

Supporting Actor
The ES10s really aren't that big (8.4" tall). Are you certain you can't live with them?
Those are small compared to my 10" tall Infinity P143 (4" woofer) I have mounted on the side wall for surround soeakers.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I just think it's a mistake in the long term to have such limitations on speakers. If you must have white cubes, it eliminates almost everything that exists.

There are wall mounts which are plenty sturdy for those, or if you really must have cubes, Monoprice has some nice Cubes that are actually two way, rather than crappy full range drivers. The problem is, they don't come in white.

Mike Up

Supporting Actor
Aloha Everyone,
First off, thanks Sam Posten for your comments about life of TV. It's me the CLUELESS Senior again and I would really appreciate it if Wayne, Mike Up, John Rice, etc. can help comment one last time as I read through all my posts and your replies and just have a few more questions.

And John, every time I pass by your post with photo of your SUBs it puts a Grin on my face! Mike Up we have ESP as I started typing this but still doing research when your message came over.

OMG, the ES10 speakers were delivered yesterday and they are Huge but very nice looking a little bigger/solid looking than I expected although I knew it was supposed to be 6# but don't really know what it feels like until you have it in your hands.

I showed Best Buy Jumble SINSB7W ProGrip Ultra Stainless Steal Speaker Wall Mount Bracket, Pair of 2 in White which they said would be okay for me to purchase for Polk ES10 as it was a Universal Mount. But after receiving ES10, I'm not sure/comfortable that it will hold up the 6# nicely as I've read complaints that when people use these types of wall mounts [especially I want White] that it will be okay, but the next morning they find it drooping all the way down and facing the floor even for 6# speakers.

Therefore, since I'm not familiar with all the different brands out there that have 'White' satellite/bookshelf speakers, I fine-tuned my search and said 'any White mini cube speakers like Bose' and it came up with Cambridge Audio which their double-cubed speakers are almost similar in size/weight as my Bose.

Anyway, if all of you don't mind me going back to the 'drawing board' as I would really prefer staying to the size of the Bose double-cubed speakers I would appreciate your feedback again as technically I can RETURN everything ordered as I'm within Return period and Best Buy still haven't given me a Installation Date.

So starting from 'scratch,' Family Room has 8ft ceiling and carpeted and it is 21.5 ft x 19.25 ft approx 410 sq ft. which includes extension that has a pool table. However, the True sitting area for watching the TV is 11.5' x 19.25' which is Apprx 220 sq. ft.

As mentioned, we're Clueless Seniors and don't really listen to music but love to watch action/thriller and don't need a lot of LOUDNESS and BOOM.

I like the sleekness of the Polk TL1 that Mike Up suggested and comments, but didn't seem like it would 'voice the same' with the ES35 if I stayed with Polk as he stated 'A mismatched center speaker could kill the effect, making that effect sound different from the other speakers. They should all sound the same.' Also wasn't sure if it was too weak for True Room size of 220 sq. ft. but also as quoted 'but if you were satisfied with your previous Bose system in that room, then there’s no reason to think you won’t be satisfied with the Polks.'

Wayne also said 'Since you are using the Yamaha RX-A780 Receiver, you can “mix and match” any speakers you want.'

Therefore, this is what I'm thinking of changing to but would like your comments if they will be mismatched and suggestions of how to change/correct without getting more than I really need as I was happy with my Bose Acoustimass 10 Series II.

4 White Cambridge Audio Minx Min 22 @ $159 each
1 Black Cambridge Audio SX-70 @ $189
1 Black Cambridge Audio Minx X201 @ $449 or
X301 @ $549 whichever you think would be sufficient if I stayed with ALL Cambridge

If staying with Cambridge Minx Min 22 and Minx subwoofer would Polk Audio Signature Elite ES35 @ $339 be a better Center and 'voiced the same' as it is a little shorter than Cambridge SX-70

or would Martin Logan @ $699 [not $400 as Martin Logan not on Sale on Amazon] be better Subwoofer than Cambridge X201/X301 keeping in mind that we don't really listen to music or need extra LOUDNESS or BOOM and don't want to do 'overkill'

Another option, would White Polk TL1 Satellite @ $69 and Polk TL1 Center Channel @ $74.99 be 'voiced the same' as it is also a little shorter than Cambridge SX-70

Please understand that I don't really know the 'language' and might be stating things incorrectly. Also if I do Cambridge Minx Min 22, they have their own Minx 400M wall Brackets like Bose has for their double cubes.

So please if you don't mind reviewing ALL I stated above and giving me your comments, opinions, or suggestions so I can receive my Order in time for when Best Buy comes for the Installation.

Thank you ALL in advance for the time you have given me as CLUELESS me REALLY APPRECIATE ALL of YOU!!!

Mahalo, Robbie
I heard the Cambridge Minx speakers against the Polk TL1 speakers on crutchfields speaker compare app with JBL tune 600BTNC headphones and thought the minx sound bright and tinny compared to TL1 but that is my opinion.

Also the Minx may have a hard time matching up with another sub other than the minx sub due to their lack of bass.

Good luck in what ever you decide.

RL0205

Agent
Real Name
Robbie
Hi John Rice and Mike Up, I stayed up all night trying to research and read about the Cambridge Minx and was sooooo SAD to see that you folks seem to be abandoning me as I didn't mean to offend any of you with wanting to change to Mini Cube speakers like the Bose.
As mentioned, we are sooooo CLUELESS and really have no one here to help us as we don't even know how to take off the speakers and wouldn't know what to do with the wiring, etc.
I could live with the ES10; however, feeling the 6# and reading comments about how it is heavy, I'm not sure/comfortable that the Jumble SINSB7W ProGrip Ultra Stainless Steal Speaker Wall Mount Bracket, Pair of 2 in White will hold up the 6# nicely. I've read complaints that when people use these types of wall mounts [especially I want White] that it will be okay, but the next morning they find it drooping all the way down and facing the floor even for 6# speakers.
Best Buy said it would be okay for me to purchase the Jumble SINSB7W mount for the Polk ES10 as it is a Universal Mount. I'm afraid that when they install it it might sit up nicely on the wall, but after they leave and if it droops all the way down facing the floor we wouldn't know what to do or how to adjust and Best Buy would say that we purchased it on our own and it's not their responsibility.
I called Crutchfield to explain my situation and how helpful all of you were but now seem to be abandoned, they recommended Sanus WMS3 and said it would hold up the ES10. They did say that the ES10 and ES35 that Mike Up are really good speakers and also the Martin Logan was a good subwoofer; therefore, I have decided to stay with these 3 items you have recommended.
I read the review of the Sanus WMS3 and someone complained 'The plastic post that connects the speaker to the arm broke and dropped a brand new Polk ES10 ( only 6 pounds) before I could even connect the wires.'
I'm sorry if I might have offended you but I was worried that the brackets would 'droop,' therefore, I started to look for small cubes again like the Bose.
If you forgive me, I would really appreciate your help in letting me know and providing the link of the Best Wall Mount Bracket for the ES10. The WMS3 is made of plastic and I'm not sure if one made of metal might be better?
Thank you again for all the help ALL of you have provided thus far, I look forward to your recommendation for Wall Mounts/Brackets for the Polk ES10.
Thanks, Robbie

Mike Up

Supporting Actor
I've been trying to help you. I honestly think those Minx cubes sound terrible. They don't even have a tweeter, let alone a dome tweeter.

I think the Definitive Technology 6D, Polk TL1 system, or probably even a Klipsch satellite system or any other true 2 way speaker would sound better than those. And like I said, you can't just use any subwoofer as their bass is totally lacking and they need a sub that can go in the very high bass. This is not something most subwoofers do but Cambridge has made subwoofers that do it at a very very premium price for little subwoofers. You are essentially going back to a Bose system under another name that offers little performance for a very large price.

Honestly, those Polk ES10s are really the smallest true bookshelf speaker you'll likely to find. On top of it, I'm sure it sounds good. Other than the ES10s, you're looking at plastic satellite speakers that aren't much smaller than the ES10s. The TL1s are about the smallest satellite speaker system and why I bought them for my small media room. I had a Yamaha satellite speaker system that sounded no where as good and why I replaced it with the Polk TL1600 system (now minus the subwoofer replaced by Klipsch R-100sw). This TL1 speaker system sounds good, really good and it matches well with the Klipsch subwoofer. It's not very loud but I looked up your Bose ACM 10 speakers and they were tested to have the same volume level as the TL1s, that being at 85 decibels. If you buy off of Amazon or anywhere, you should be able to return them if you do not like them. I really like them as they sound better than many full size bookshelf speakers but they need a subwoofer for high bass as they don't have it. They roll off at 135 Hz at -3db but Polk recommends a 120 Hz crossover and they sound great! Not as good as many speakers but they sound really good. I'm sure the Definitive Technology 6D do also but they are considerably bigger than the TL1 speakers. Buy from Amazon, Crutchfield or Best Buy and try them in your home. If you don't like them, send them back. You could even keep your current sub as it sounds like a great deal at $400 and it's rated to go up in the high bass frequencies to match well.

Or go with DT 6D system or try the Cambridge speakers but make sure to listen to something else first as those ES10s to compare so you hear the differences.

BTW, your sub says it can go to 200 Hz -3db but it's software for calibration and it's crossover settings only go up to 120Hz. I would highly doubt that it can do 200Hz cleanly or even at -3db. If it could it's crossover would go up that high.

Good luck in what ever you decide.

As far as performance and sound quality, I think you already have the best you can get in a small package, you just have to accept the fact that Bose was unusually small and lacked good performance next to everything else.

I have friends that have the Bose cubes and while they're OK for background music, I don't think they're very good for home theater or critical listening due to their built in bass hole where the subwoofer meets the cubes. It's been documented previously by different professional reviewers. Bose fills a room due to it's reflective sound nature, but IMO doesn't sound that good for it's price. BTW, I have a pair of Bose Interaudio 4000XL still but letting my parent use them. Those were the best Bose speakers, IMO, that Bose made. They have a 10" woofer and a 3" cone tweeter.

Hope you find what you need and want.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If I don't have anything to contribute, I won't say anything. Honestly, I'm just trying to help. The decisions are ultimately yours.

RL0205

Agent
Real Name
Robbie
Hi Mike Up and John Rice,
Thank you so much for continuing to help me. Although we are able to Return items if we don't like them and that Best Buy Geek Squad will be the ones to install what we buy; I don't think Best Buy would like to have us do trial and error. Since we don't know how to install or do anything, I'm just asking for your help as I get confused as still don't understand the language at all when you try to explain 'your sub says it can go to 200 Hz -3db but it's software for calibration and it's crossover settings only go up to 120Hz, etc.'
I definitely want WHITE speakers on my White walls and as mentioned, the following 3 items are what we ordered from Best Buy/Amazon to connect to our already owned Yamaha RX-A780 Receiver:

2 pairs White Polk Elite ES10
1 Black Polk Signature Elite ES35
1 Black Martin Logan Dynamo 600X Subwoofer

I also like the sleekness of the White Polk TL1 Satellite and wasn't sure if it would 'voice the same' with the ES35 as it was stated 'A mismatched center speaker could kill the effect, making that effect sound different from the other speakers. They should all sound the same.' Not sure if the following combinations would also work:

2 pairs White Polk TL1 Satellites

1 Black Polk TL1 Center Channel

So bottom line question with the items listed above that we bought, will everything be 'matched'?? Got thrown off with the comment about the subwoofer software for calibration and it's crossover settings only go up to 120Hz, etc. Does that mean that it won't be able to handle the crossover settings??

If ALL 3 scenarios will 'voice the same' and 'able to handle crossover settings' which of the 3 would be the Best set up 'sound wise?'

Which of the following 3 White Wall Mount Brackets do you think would be the best to mount the ES10 or Polk TL1 onto the wall nicely:
1) Jumbl SINSB7W ProGrip Ultra Stainless Steal Speaker Wall Mount Bracket
2) Sanus WMS3
3) Monoprice Speaker Wall Mounting Bracket

Thanks again for all you support and help which I really appreciate; I look forward for your comments again if you don't mind on the scenarios/questions I have above or if you know of a better White Wall Mount Bracket.

Thanks, Robbie

Mike Up

Supporting Actor
Hi Mike Up and John Rice,
Thank you so much for continuing to help me. Although we are able to Return items if we don't like them and that Best Buy Geek Squad will be the ones to install what we buy; I don't think Best Buy would like to have us do trial and error. Since we don't know how to install or do anything, I'm just asking for your help as I get confused as still don't understand the language at all when you try to explain 'your sub says it can go to 200 Hz -3db but it's software for calibration and it's crossover settings only go up to 120Hz, etc.'
I definitely want WHITE speakers on my White walls and as mentioned, the following 3 items are what we ordered from Best Buy/Amazon to connect to our already owned Yamaha RX-A780 Receiver:

2 pairs White Polk Elite ES10

I also like the sleekness of the White Polk TL1 Satellite and wasn't sure if it would 'voice the same' with the ES35 as it was stated 'A mismatched center speaker could kill the effect, making that effect sound different from the other speakers. They should all sound the same.' Not sure if the following combinations would also work:

1 Black Polk TL1 Center Channel

So bottom line question with the items listed above that we bought, will everything be 'matched'?? Got thrown off with the comment about the subwoofer software for calibration and it's crossover settings only go up to 120Hz, etc. Does that mean that it won't be able to handle the crossover settings??

If ALL 3 scenarios will 'voice the same' and 'able to handle crossover settings' which of the 3 would be the Best set up 'sound wise?'

Which of the following 3 White Wall Mount Brackets do you think would be the best to mount the ES10 or Polk TL1 onto the wall nicely:
1) Jumbl SINSB7W ProGrip Ultra Stainless Steal Speaker Wall Mount Bracket
2) Sanus WMS3
3) Monoprice Speaker Wall Mounting Bracket

Thanks again for all you support and help which I really appreciate; I look forward for your comments again if you don't mind on the scenarios/questions I have above or if you know of a better White Wall Mount Bracket.

Thanks, Robbie
You have a complex subwoofer which is unlike most. It does its own calibrations. A subwoofer can go in the low bass with a limit. The sub also has a limit on how high in the bass it can go. The maker says it can go up really high in the bass at 200Hz but they limit that with it functions to 120Hz. That high bass is important to satellite speakers which have only high bass reproduction and nothing much below. So the sub and speakers must match si no "hole" in the bass is made.

Your sub should be a good match to all these speakers, TL1s and Polk ES.

The Polk TL1 speakers should only be used with their TL1 Center speaker. They will not match as well with the ES35.

I dont have my TL1 speakers on the wall so cant comment on wall mounts. I have my Infinity speakers directly mounted on the walls with their built in mounts. So I dont use wall mounts to recommend any.

The best small speaker system IMO is still your current ES10s and ES35,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks