What's new
World Wide Stereo

Connecting Samsung Smart TV to Yamaha Receiver RX-V863 Receiver (1 Viewer)

[email protected]

Auditioning
Real Name
Srinath
Hello Everybody,

Greetings. I am new member to this forum and have an issue in connecting my AV receiver. Details provided below.

I recently purchase Samsung U6400 HD 3D Smart TV and I am figuring out how to get the sound via my existing Yamaha receiver.

Even though my new TV has HDMI ARC feature my receiver is a old one and does not support HDMI hence I decided to go with Optical cable connection.

My TV has only one Optical Out and I have connected the Optical cable to this jack and on the receiver there are 3 optical input and 1 output. I tried connecting to each one of the input but there is no sound output.

My DTV cable box output is directly connected to the TV. I tried connecting the cable box to receiver this works fine i.e. sound comes out of AV receiver but still I am unable to get the sound of Youtube, Netfix via the AV Receiver. If I connect the Cable box to TV HDMI then nothing comes via a AV receiver if the speaker is set to external. It works fine with TV speaker for Cable, Netfix and Youtube.

My HDMI out of the AV Receiver is connected to HDMI (ARC) port on the TV and if I select this channel I can configure my Yamaha Receiver.

Kindly let me know the following

a) Is the connections requires changes if so, kindly advise the changes in connection

b) Is there any setup required for Yamaha receiver if so what are the settings that need to be changed.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks