What's new

Daredevil Disney+ Series (2023) (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’m finally watching The Punisher.
Never got around to it on Netflix.

First handful of eps so far are too much flashback and too much Microchip
Flashbacks and watching his family.

I think I’ve seen that torture murder clip a dozen times.
🥴

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
While I greatly enjoy Marvel movies and the ABC shows, I had to stop watching the Netflix series after just a couple of seasons. While the shows are well-made, they are so dark, violent, and seedy that they were sucking all the joy from my soul and I couldn’t take it any more. But I’m glad fans of these shows will now get more of what they like.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
While I greatly enjoy Marvel movies and the ABC shows, I had to stop watching the Netflix series after just a couple of seasons. While the shows are well-made, they are so dark, violent, and seedy that they were sucking all the joy from my soul and I couldn’t take it any more. But I’m glad fans of these shows will now get more of what they like.
I wouldn't be surprised if there's a tonal adjustment for the new season; Disney is looking for PG-13 content for Disney+. I'd hazard a guess that the main reason for the new title is so that the new season would be listed as a separate series and not behind the TV-MA parental controls lock like the Netflix "Daredevil" series.

And while I don't expect this season to contradict the Netflix series, I don't expect it to lean too heavily on plot points from that series. The premiere will establish that by day Matt Murdock is a blind attorney and name partner at Nelson and Murdock, a struggling law firm with primarily low income clientele in Hell's Kitchen. It will establish that Daredevil and Kingpin have a fraught history. But from there, I expect it to break new ground. I doubt we'll see Elektra during this run of episodes.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
This might be controversial to some, but I think it's a great move.

I loved the series so I'm happy with it, especially season 1. I didn't like Luke Cage the series. Liked the character but not the series. Loved Jessica Jones Season 1 but not Season 2 and 3. I liked Punisher Season two but not season 1.
Loved all 3 seasons of Daredevil and The Defenders.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Is that an actual official Marvel account or just some fan who posts Marvel rumors?

I think there’s no question that the Immortal Iron Fist will be used in the MCU. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a recast though.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I think there’s no question that the Immortal Iron Fist will be used in the MCU. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a recast though.
Yeah, Kevin Feige has said he's a big fan of Iron Fist, so I expect we will see him sooner or later, perhaps even in conjunction with Shang-Chi.

As for a recast, keep in mind that Charlie Cox has said he'd really like to see Jessica Henwick in Born Again, and of course, Jessica's character Colleen
became the Iron Fist at the conclusion to Iron Fist Season 2.
Henwick is, of course, a big star these days, and Marvel would be smart to use her.

I've been rewatching all the Netflix-era shows with my kids who are now old enough for them, and they absolutely love the shows, and it's deepening their appreciation for the MCU, which I didn't even think was possible. I love those shows - every one of them - and I don't think any of them hit a bad note in the time they were on.

One thing that I was sorry never happened: Clark Gregg, who plays Agent Coulson, said he's a crazy fanboy when it comes to Iron Fist and he really wanted Coulson to appear in the show, perhaps even serving as a Nick Fury-type character to bring the Defenders together. Sadly, it never happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Favour Carter
Recent bookmarks