What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Deadpool & Wolverine (2024) (2 Viewers)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Given the way that The Marvels ended, do we think that Teyonah Parris is part of the cast for this?
IMG_6346.gif

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Deadpool & Wolverine it is, then. This makes the most sense because uniting these two characters is really the selling point of this movie.

I'm still not really sure how I feel about Deadpool breaking the fourth wall inside the MCU rather than being kept separate. (Yes, I know She-Hulk already did this, but I absolutely hated it there too.) The introduction of the TVA in the trailer is interesting because, so far, only people who have watched Loki would know about that. We saw with The Marvels that bringing elements of the streaming shows into the movies might have felt like a barrier to entry for some audiences. It will be interesting to see if this film is able to handle that better.

I think the trailer looks okay, but I'm not exactly counting the days at this point.

Last edited:

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
The introduction of the TVA in the trailer is interesting because, so far, only people who have watched Loki would know about that. We saw with The Marvels that bringing in elements of the streaming shows into the movies might have felt like a barrier to entry for some audiences. It will be interesting to see if this film is able to handle that better.

I’d think they have to assume a chunk of the audience haven’t seen Loki or are aware of the TVA. So they’d have to (re)introduce what it is in some way.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
What is TVA?
Your question illustrates my point.

The TVA is the Time Variance Authority which monitors multiverse activities introduced in Loki. Only people who watched Loki would know what the organization is because they haven't yet appeared in a feature film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks