What's new
World Wide Stereo

DirectTV or Comcast (1 Viewer)

bajabound

Auditioning
Real Name
ian
Hey guys I am moving next week and installing a new HT and I want your opinions on HD programming. Who do you like. I have not had satellite for 10 plus years and have had comcast for most of that time.

Best-

DVR's
On Demand or Direct TV equivalent

HD Quality

ETC...

I am kind of liking the idea of the fiber optic internet from ATT so the Direct TV

Please give all opinions good bad or indifferent!

Thanks

-Ian

728x90

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I went with Dish about two years ago, so not quite what you're asking. But Comcast sucks, can't believe how many years I stayed with them. Will never, ever go back.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Since your question seems to be aimed more at hardware and technical quality, I'm relocating it from TV and TV Programming, where discussion tends to focus more on specific shows. Let's see whether that produces additional replies.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You need to compare DirecTV's channels that are in HD to your local Comcast. I chose Comcast as my ISP but I use DirecTV for my TV programming. I miss out on the CSS (Comcast Sports) which, obviously, is only available on Comcast. I could connect my internet cable to a TV and pick up the channel because a basic 10 or so channel TV package is included in the internet service.

Harware - I was a huge fan of the DirecTiVo (TiVo powered DVR for DirecTV) and went so far as to state that I was a TiVo fan first and would follow that company after the contract between the two ended. A few years ago I had the chance to get a DirecTV DVR as a free promotion. I am still with DirecTV and one of my DirecTiVos has been retired while the other is dedicated to recording outdoors shows and OTA HD when there are more than 4 conflicts on my other two DirecTV DVRs.

I have all 3 DVRs in my theater room and feeding my projector. I control everything with a Harmony 880. The DVRs also feed my 55" HDTV in the living room via cables run through the wall and attic. Again, a Harmony 880 is in that room as well controlling everything. I use an IR relay system to get the remote codes to the equipment.

bajabound

Auditioning
Real Name
ian
Thank you very much for the info! I think it's time for a switch to satelite!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks