What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Disney Movie club card questions (1 Viewer)

Bryan609

Auditioning
Real Name
Laila Stevenson
So i just recently signed up for the Disney Movie club and I have some questions. For my payment method, I did use a prepaid card and will change it every time I run out of money but I was just wondering what would happen if they charged my card even if it had insufficient funds and I didn’t have enough time to change the cards, will this get min trouble? Also, I used the prepaid cards as a way to get out of this if there was any trouble with like credit or collection agencies, but would this work (or would they still have another way to find out who I am)? Finally, what happens if I keep the five initial movies I bought but let’s say only buy one other movie for the agreement and don’t fufill the agreement at the end(what would happen to me since I’m using a prepaid card and they have none of my personal info)?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If they tried to charge your card without sufficient funds I'm guess the order would get canceled and they'd send a message. It's also possibly they'd send the item with an Invoice requesting payment on receipt, I really haven't read many posts when a CC or Debit was declined. I know at some point they're going to send you a bill if you don't fulfill your requirements, but other than banning you from signing up again I'm not sure what other options there would be. For a US resident dinging your credit record and putting your Name into a Collections Agency or sending a legal document for Payment would be possibilities.

If you're using a Reshipper to get items to you, surely they'd have your contact information. Even worse if you're using an actual person to help get them to you since their address would be vulnerable. Again -- I'm not sure exactly what methods they have, but Disney isn't known for playing nice or giving folks a free pass in dealing with contracts. As I said in the prior post, you have a period of time to return the items and cancel without penalty and if you're having second thoughts (or worse) I strongly suggest using that option.

If there are payment issues, call or chat with DMC and have them let you know of your options.

How many required purchases are you obligated to make? There are so many different promotional offers the numbers can be anywhere from 2 to 5.

Last edited:

Bryan609

Auditioning
Real Name
Laila Stevenson
I'm not sure why you started a new thread. Since you are International, if you default then I'm guessing there isn't a lot you can do.

If they tried to charge your card without sufficient funds I'm guess the order would get canceled and they'd send a message. It's also possibly they'd send the item with an Invoice requesting payment on receipt, I really haven't read many posts when a CC or Debit was declined. I know at some point they're going to send you a bill if you don't fulfill your requirements, but other than banning you from signing up again I'm not sure what other options there would be. For a US resident dinging your credit record and putting your Name into a Collections Agency or sending a legal document for Payment would be possibilities.

If you're using a Reshipper to get items to you, surely they'd have your contact information. Even worse if you're using an actual person to help get them to you since their address would be vulnerable. Again -- I'm not sure exactly what methods they have, but Disney isn't known for playing nice or giving folks a free pass in dealing with contracts. As I said in the prior post, you have a period of time to return the items and cancel without penalty and if you're having second thoughts (or worse) I strongly suggest using that option.

If there are payment issues, call or chat with DMC and have them let you know of your options.

How many required purchases are you obligated to make? There are so many different promotional offers the numbers can be anywhere from 2 to 5.
I have to have 3 required purchases, but how will they find me if I’m using a prepaid card, it’s not like they can track me. Your probably right in which they will permanently ban me if I don’t pay by the end of the two years but I dont think it will go to my credit record, go to a collection agency, or send a legal document. But if they do, my question is how will they know to send it to me and force me to pay it?

Bryan609

Auditioning
Real Name
Laila Stevenson
I have to have 3 required purchases, but how will they find me if I’m using a prepaid card, it’s not like they can track me. Your probably right in which they will permanently ban me if I don’t pay by the end of the two years but I dont think it will go to my credit record, go to a collection agency, or send a legal document. But if they do, my question is how will they know to send it to me and force me to pay it?
Basically what I’m asking is how will they force me to pay it if I use a prepaid card?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

As I said there's not a lot of stuff they can do to hurt you, but there have to be fingerprints somewhere along the line depending on how hard they want to search. They shipped the items somewhere and that somewhere has to be connected to something. If you are using a reshipper, that service knows where the package goes afterwards and payment has to come from somewhere.

DId I misread your earlier post that you were International or are your in the US? If you are in teh US I can't imagine they couldn't find out who you are through the shipping adress

Last edited:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
You know the Club has excellent customer service. You can just call them and they will straighten out any payment issues you are having. It sounds much more sensible than trying to cut and run and hope they don't catch you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks