What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I actually looked for the tab today in D+ and couldn’t find it. Maybe I was blind or going too fast. Doesn’t really matter, honestly, to us.
1701907099822.jpeg

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
By the way, I just bundled ESPN with no ads Hulu and Disney+ on a monthly basis.
I'm on the Premium Duo bundle (D+and Hulu w/o ads). It came out to the same price that I would be paying monthly for D+ w/o ads and Hulu w/ads if they were not bundled. Kind of a no-brainer.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I'm very pleased with the Hulu tab on Disney+. It's great that at the bottom of the Hulu tab it shows the different studios and breaks down which titles are from which "studio".

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Disney's response to Hulu content not being in Dolby Atmos:
View attachment 205692

Nowadays, one wonders if that's bot/AI-generated or partly/largely auto generated via some other algorithmic method (like a lot of simpler coding's been done over the last decade-plus) or still just scripted, but provided by a real person (perhaps using some template) or the like, heh... :P

Maybe the bot/AI version will someday actually be better than the old scripted formula (or the partly/largely auto generated method)... :P

Yeah, I'm being (only slightly) cynical as a former(?) IT dev guy (w/ a hardcore CS background), LOL...

_Man_

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
This is 100% better than the clunky Hulu ui. I’m sure the Atmos will appear, at least it has DV on some things

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
It looks like right now they’re still using the same inferior servers and encodes for Hulu content. I get the Atmos movies properly through Star using a VPN but they’re still just 5.1 on Hulu. Dancing with the Stars is on both services in the US but is in proper 60fps on Disney but 30fps on Hulu.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
It looks like right now they’re still using the same inferior servers and encodes for Hulu content. I get the Atmos movies properly through Star using a VPN but they’re still just 5.1 on Hulu. Dancing with the Stars is on both services in the US but is in proper 60fps on Disney but 30fps on Hulu.
And this is probably it in a nutshell.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
You either need to have a bundle already or both accounts need to have the same email/User ID.

And ideally, it should be the same email/id you use for everything else associated w/ Disney, eg. their Disney Movie Insider rewards thing, probably Movies Anywhere and their movie club, maybe even your account, if any, for visiting their theme parks, etc... unless you definitely don't want them to track you (or make whatever connected offers) or something like that across those various platforms, etc, LOL...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TVonDVDCollector
Recent bookmarks