What's new

Doctor Strange In the Multiverse of Madness (2022) (2 Viewers)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Vanity Fair interviewed Elizabeth Olsen as part of her promotional tour for "Love & Death" on HBO Max:

I found this commentary at 4:45 interesting:
OLSEN: It's a similar arc in Multiverse of Madness that it is in "WandaVision". There could be parallel stories being told there of dealing with grief and loss. Well, I proposed that to the writers who wrote Multiverse of Madness; I said, "Do you know what we're doing in 'WandaVision'? Have you seen it?" And no, they had not seen it because it wasn't finished yet. So I had to try and, I don't know, play it differently, right? I had to attack the same themes in order for it to be interesting for me, I think, and potentially for the audience, I just had to come at it from a different point of view so that it wasn't repetitive.​

That seems like a major ball dropped to me, that the writers of Multiverse of Madness didn't have an in-depth understanding of Wanda's arc in the story immediately preceding their movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks