What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Does no Flipper mean no Daktari? (1 Viewer)

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
I was sorry to hear that it seems that the Flipper DVD release has been cancelled. I wonder if this means that some of the other Ivan Tors shows will not now see DVD release. I would really like to see a DVD of Daktari available soon.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Flipper is one that I'd get if available. Too bad the release was cancelled. I wonder if it fell into the "legal/clearance" Black Hole?

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator
Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but was the Flipper set that was canceled the 1960s version or the 1990s syndicated version with Jessica Alba? I thought I had read somewhere (tvshowsondvd.com?) that it was the latter series.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Flipper wasn't on my 'run out and buy right away' list, but I did watch it growing up. It's a FUN show!

I definately wanted to add it to my TV Shows on DVD collection.

I hope they can work out all of the problems quickly so they can release this show one day.

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
Well, I hate hearing about this cancellation. It's been a long time since I'd seen the old "Flipper" series, and I was really quite interested in revisiting it. And I'm even more keen on Tors' other shows "Gentle Ben," and especially "Daktari." Hope these shows manage to find an avenue for release some way in the not so distant future. I'm a ready buyer for them.

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for clearing that up, Tory. I remember there were plans for both Flipper series, I couldn't remember which one was canceled. I wonder if a bigger studio is getting involved, much like Warner Bros. put the halt to Anchor Bay's The Man From UNCLE this past summer?

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
The Flipper cancellation is a definite bummer. I would have gladly gone through Canada's Amazon site to get this set delivered to me here in Florida. That's not even close to a hindrance for me. And I'll also cast a vote for some of the other shows mentioned in this thread, especially Daktari (which I haven't seen in many a moon).

Gary "while Jessica Alba may have some fan appeal that relates to the 90's series, it's definitely the 70's show I wanted" O.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Gary, that "Sig" is another
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif
from your collection :laugh:

I'd have bought Flipper from CA as well. No problem delivered to Dallas, TX :)

Watch that sunburn down there in Fla :)

Jeff "Remakes are good for original-series tie-in releases....and....anything else?" W.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Maybe another company could get it? It was indeed a fun nature show, I'd buy both it and "Daktari". Also waiting for the "Born Free" series (1974), btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks