What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Colt .45 - The Complete Series - Coming to Blu-Ray on March 12th '24 (Warner Archive) (1 Viewer)

SuperClark

Second Unit
Real Name
Clark
"Why yes I would love to go on a picnic with you Chris'!
1711948106498.png

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
So, as you know, RAWHIDE'S Sheb Wooley is credited as recording the Wilhelm Scream.

And in THE CHARGE AT FEATHER RIVER-1953 Merv Griffin was the opening narrator and the voice of 'Wilhelm', in two scenes.

Stuntman playing 'Wilhelm' taking an arrow in the leg with Merv voicing his lines.

In this scene we hear Merv speaking 'Wilhelm's' lines and at this point that may be Merv, on the ground, playing 'Wilhelm'.
2 the-charge-at-feather-river1953-s is it Merv.jpg

Wilhelm Scream history.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
So, as you know, RAWHIDE'S Sheb Wooley is credited as recording the Wilhelm Scream.

And in THE CHARGE AT FEATHER RIVER-1953 Merv Griffin was the opening narrator and the voice of 'Wilhelm', in two scenes.

Stuntman playing 'Wilhelm' taking an arrow in the leg with Merv voicing his lines.
View attachment 218481

In this scene we hear Merv speaking 'Wilhelm's' lines and at this point that may be Merv, on the ground, playing 'Wilhelm'.
View attachment 218482

Wilhelm Scream history.
View attachment 218483
And Merv became more famous for TV game and talk shows, "Oooooòoohhh".

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Merv joked on his talk show sometimes about being a big western star at Warner Brothers. He,also,
had small parts in CATTLE TOWN-1952 and THE BOY FROM OKLAHOMA-1954.

John Sparks, you can see Wayde Preston, as Chris Colt, in the four 'Canary Kid' episodes of SUGARFOOT.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
5. Respect for copyrights. Home Theater Forum has a strict policy of respecting the rights of copyright holders. We do not allow promotion of bootleg material or discussion on how to obtain it, and we immediately delete all links to sites that deal in bootleg material. If you have any doubt whether a source is legitimate, please check with a moderator before posting any links. We also do not allow discussion of (a) how to make unauthorized copies of video or audio materials, (b) how to defeat any form of copy protection (including, for example, how to make "personal" copies of commercially produced DVDs), and/or © how to obtain equipment that can only be used for such purposes. In one form or another, this rule goes back to the very origins of HTF. We are serious about it. Please do not try to debate copyright law with us. We're not interested in discussing what the law should be. Public discussion about copyright law is allowed as long as it doesn't violate any portion of this or any other site rule. We believe it is in the best interest of HTF to enforce this policy strictly, and members test it at their peril.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
In episode 10 of Colt .45, "Rebellion," a character checks a hotel register looking for Christopher Colt's name. Colt's signature appears around the third from the bottom. Among the signatures above his is that of Clyde Howdy, a stuntman and actor who appeared on four Colt .45s and in several other movies and series before his early death at 48.

Usually you don't see things like that when a hotel register is shown. There is one b/w hourlong episode of Gunsmoke where Arness looks at a register, and one of the dates entered is something like Jan. 32 or Feb. 30.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
I watched episode 11 of season one, "The Gypsies," last night. It's the first to feature the new closing theme song. I'd kind of gotten used to the earlier theme, which is still heard in part at the beginning of episodes, but I think the new one with the lyrics will grow on me. I enjoy Warner's hearty male choruses in the themes of Maverick, Bronco, and the other westerns. Warner let the ladies have a turn singing in their detective-show themes.

The last couple of Colt .45 episodes have timed in at 24:15-24:20, but I'm sure they're uncut as are the earlier ones I've seen. These two episodes didn't have some of the bells and whistles like a mid-episode bumper or the sequence at the end with Preston showing scenes of the next episode.

I had to chuckle at one aspect of "The Gypsies." Actor Steve Darrell is presented at first in the role of a past-his-prime marshal who seems to be in ill health, refusing to stir for anyone until Colt talks to him. Darrell at the time was actually a year or two younger than I am now. It made me think of the Absolutely Fabulous scene where Patsy says after a similar realization: "My God, what does that make me?"

SuperClark

Second Unit
Real Name
Clark
Another nice review up for those who have not purchased the blu ray set and if you love classic tv westerns why not:)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
A Room For One More release would be welcome. It was a favorite of mine back during the 61-62 season.
And yes Duggan was always good in just about everything he did.
That was one of my favorite shows when I was little. I was so glad to be able to pick up almost the whole run on 16mm when the studios emptied their warehouses in the early 90s.

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
Of all of the genres which we have enough of, westerns lead the pack. So many good MGM, Lorimar and WB series still buried in the WB vaults, the last thing we needed was yet another western.
I give this an exception. The fact it's never been re-broadcast or shown is a strong reason, when you couple it with the fact it was part of a series of westerns that all have been released. Many lorimar/WB shows have atleast been shown in syndication.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
That was one of my favorite shows when I was little. I was so glad to be able to pick up almost the whole run on 16mm when the studios emptied their warehouses in the early 90s.
Good show predating Brady Bunch and Eight Is Enough. I was in the eighth grade when it aired and enjoyed it a lot along with Bringing Up Buddy, Margie, Father Of The Bride, Oh Those Bells, Happy, and several others.
I’d love to see WBA give the show a respectable DVD release, Father Of The Bride too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks