What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Gerani53

Second Unit
Real Name
Gary Gerani
Might it not just simply be that what Warner Archive just released is what they consider to be the definitive version of the film for the US market, if not overall? Regardless of what was released or shown elsewhere at various times. Regardless of what BFI has collected from various sources. I realize that may not be the result to satisfy everyone, but it is their product to release as they see fit.
True. But an "extra" containing this fascinating footage would have been a treat for fans. Nice as this release is, it's nothing really special (was hoping for an OCN transfer, like PAT AND MIKE, but that didn't happen). A supplement containing this removed material, even a little text to explain something about the cuts, would have been terrific.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
True. But an "extra" containing this fascinating footage would have been a treat for fans. Nice as this release is, it's nothing really special (was hoping for an OCN transfer, like PAT AND MIKE, but that didn't happen). A supplement containing this removed material, even a little text to explain something about the cuts, would have been terrific.
Agreed, and I could see if that material was readily accessible to Warner that it could have been included. However, if not, I didn't think the big studios typically went to outside resources as much for extras. Also, I thought these Warner Archive releases were generally bare bones anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks