What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Godzilla: Minus One (2023) (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That’s too bad. Hopefully it will be available to purchase or rent digitally soon for you.
I'm sure it will be; however, this is one of those films that really comes across as needing to be seen on a big screen, unlike something like Oppenheimer or Barbie.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I'm sure it will be; however, this is one of those films that really comes across as needing to be seen on a big screen, unlike something like Oppenheimer or Barbie.
Oh I agree 100%. Maybe it will get a few Oscar noms and be rereleased near you. Or….. make a day trip out of it. 😊

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
^Hmmm... will it only be in B&W everywhere (to avoid any confusion?)? I don't see anything about it being in B&W mentioned on Fandango or AMC's own site nor even the link for that Godzilla official site.

_Man_

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
New poster

GEDujNCXkAAZMcY

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Ok, found this at the official Godzilla site... and looks like advanced tix are not available at most theaters just yet for the correct week starting 1/26...

_Man_

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Glad it’s a week later…my calendar is packed this weekend and I will NOT miss Queen Rocks Montreal!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Godzilla-1-Color was tonally better, acting-wise, for me. I enjoyed both version, giving the -Color version the slight edge.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Godzilla-1-Color was tonally better, acting-wise, for me. I enjoyed both version, giving the -Color version the slight edge.

Wait. How can it be better "acting-wise" if it's just a conversion to B&W? :confused:

FWIW, I do have tix to see it next Wed.

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yes, a straight conversion to B&W won't generally look great/best. There's usually a need to do at least some tone/contrast adjustments. The best conversions probably require even more than that (w/ adjustments along separate, original color channels or the like) -- not sure if they'd go that far for motion picture vs still photography though... given how many shots, etc we'd be talking over a 2-hour movie... but maybe they have AI helping w/ that these days...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yashavi46
Recent bookmarks