What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order Hogan's Heroes: The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
My question is this: for those of you who have this upgraded set, hasn't the black-and-white pilot episode "The Informer" been restored to its original 33-minute length? That was how long it was back when it had been out on VHS through Columbia House as part of its "Collector's Edition" series.

~Ben

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

dstrong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Damon
Still no "Gilligan's Island" and complete "I Love Lucy" releases. Will those ever happen?

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Hmm... did watch this show a lot as a kid, but don't recall being much of a fan. Might get it if there's a crazy price during Prime Week or something.

Daniel Melius

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
Giligan's island wasnt released by paramoumt. It states turner home entertainment on the dvds and i dont think they have released any shows on blu ray that i know of.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Fleer trading card box.

1708586574267.png

1708586586684.png

84lion

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alan McKown
The DVDs have them on all first-season episodes (except the pilot of course).
That "CBS Color" bumper is one of the charms of the DVD set. Not having it would be kinda like seeing Batman episodes without the "Batman! IN COLOR" bumpers.

HH is also available on Amazon Prime (freevee) in HD. There, the episodes have a Paramount/Viacom bumper to start. It's inappropriate for the series given that, at the time, CBS wasn't part of Paramount and Viacom wasn't yet a gleam in some executive's eye. The HH eps on AP(f) have nice definition but appear to be crawling with grain/noise, at least in the opening night shots.

HH appears to have been co-produced by CBS/Bing Crosby/Alfran and the last season by Bob Crane. Obviously the rights now are with Paramount. Given the rights issues with Batman, it's kind of interesting that this series actually got put to DVD/BR. Anyone know the history of the rights for the series?

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
That "CBS Color" bumper is one of the charms of the DVD set. Not having it would be kinda like seeing Batman episodes without the "Batman! IN COLOR" bumpers.

Or The FBI w/o the ABC bumpers of "Next, The FBI: In Color," among others.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Giligan's island wasnt released by paramoumt. It states turner home entertainment on the dvds and i dont think they have released any shows on blu ray that i know of.
It's Turner Home Entertainment by way of WB, which has released blu rays. So that's a break in the gloom glass to let the sunshine of hope into the room. Or something.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
It's Turner Home Entertainment by way of WB, which has released blu rays. So that's a break in the gloom glass to let the sunshine of hope into the room. Or something.
I remember when Gilligan had a separate United Artists logo at the end along with the music heard at the end of the "The Sweepstakes" episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks