What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order Hook (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Unknown.jpeg

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I came so close to upgrading my DVD copy over the years, either with the Blu-Ray or with an HD digital copy, but something always kept me from pulling the trigger. Now I'm so glad I waited.

Hook was still a good nine years before digital intermediates started becoming commonplace, so they were able to back to the original elements and make a true 4k master. Spielberg apparently signed off on the HDR for this one, as well.

I wonder if the included Blu-Ray will be a downconvert of the new 4K master, the way that Grease was. I hope so.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I always thought Hook was not as terrible as most claim nor as great as it could have been.

I like it so I’ll be getting it. One of Williams Best scores.

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
I don't have 4K, just Blu-ray. Will the Blu-ray disc on this set also be a new transfer from the 4K remaster? In fact, that's a question I have about all these 4K remasters coming out with Blu-ray discs too. How many of the Blu-rays are actually new transfers?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I don't have 4K, just Blu-ray. Will the Blu-ray disc on this set also be a new transfer from the 4K remaster? In fact, that's a question I have about all these 4K remasters coming out with Blu-ray discs too. How many of the Blu-rays are actually new transfers?

Seems to vary a lot. You gotta wait until reviews hit to find out, I guess...

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Spielberg sure does seem to be embracing UHD.:)

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
We need "Jaws" and "Raiders" 4K!
Well, that goes without saying. And "Lincoln", too
But just this release of "Hook" further shows - teaser that it is - that Spielberg is gonna delivery all of the goods in UHD.
Spielberg; out of every one and every studio; is going at a steady, committed, point-of-no-return clip with this new format.
So far, we've got "Close Encounters", "E.T.", "Saving Private Ryan", "Jurassic", et al.
Good stuff, Mr. Spielberg!!

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, that goes without saying. And "Lincoln", too
But just this release of "Hook" further shows - teaser that it is - that Speilberg is gonna delivery all of the goods in UHD.
Speilberg; out of every one and every studio; is going at a steady, committed, point-of-no-return clip with this new format.
So far, we've got "Close Encounters", "E.T.", "Saving Private Ryan", "Jurassic", et al.
Good stuff, Mr. Speilberg!!
One wonders how Spielberg manages to approve these transfers (I presume he has approval) while still directing and producing his other projects, while James Cameron seems unable to multi-task regarding even basic blu releases of True Lies and The Abyss while he has anything else on his plate?

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
One wonders how Spielberg manages to approve these transfers (I presume he has approval) while still directing and producing his other projects, while James Cameron seems unable to multi-task regarding even basic blu releases of True Lies and The Abyss while he has anything else on his plate?
Mr. Spielberg's UHD transfers and outputs are just another example as to why this director remains the legendarily expedient filmmaker that he is. Prolific all around. And, perhaps, a genius.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Do we know Spielberg actually is involved with the approval of all the transfers?

The "JP" movies were disappointments on 4K...

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
We need "Jaws" and "Raiders" 4K!
Well I would expect Jaws within the next year. Raiders is probably being held up by the ownership transition from Paramount to Disney/Fox/Whatever.

Schindler's List? Probably not much to be gained there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks